News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

What does Mihevc have to do with King Street?
Nothing, Juan was looking to poke "lefties" to see if they bleed. Cressy, however, is on record of vociferously defending it. I guess he likes his picture taken, in public with them, and in private with them. I was astounded when I read his weasel words.

Make no mistake, I have many friends in the biz, off to a jam with some in an hour or so, mostly from the production end and the only place the Weinstein effect happens is on the glossy end, where the insects stick.

From May TorStar:
By BEN SPURRTransportation Reporter
Wed., May 16, 2018

[...]Councillor Joe Cressy, whose Trinity-Spadina ward represents the stretch of King that serves as a hub for the festival, said he expects the street to be closed for the Thursday and Friday of opening weekend again this year.

“The exact details we’re still working out, but absolutely Festival Street will be back,” said Cressy.

Cressy, who has been a strong proponent of the streetcar pilot, said that the festival attracts so many people it would likely require transit diversions regardless of whether the city wanted them.

“If we didn’t plan for a closure the closure would happen anyway, but we wouldn’t be able to (transit users) in advance,” he said.

“Frankly this is when Toronto puts its best foot forward to the world for a few days. And I think Festival Street is a worthwhile addition to that.” [...]
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...-again-this-year-despite-streetcar-pilot.html

He's on record elsewhere of being even more...gurgle, slurp...avid for letting them do whatever they want.

Last edited:
Nothing, Juan was looking to poke "lefties" to see if they bleed. Cressy, however, is on record of vociferously defending it. I guess he likes his picture taken, in public with them, and in private with them. I was astounded when I read his weasel words.

Make no mistake, I have many friends in the biz, off to a jam with some in an hour or so, mostly from the production end and the only place the Weinstein effect happens is on the glossy end, where the insects stick.

From May TorStar:

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...-again-this-year-despite-streetcar-pilot.html

He's on record elsewhere of being even more...gurgle, slurp...avid for letting them do whatever they want.

Why thank you for the nice words Steve!

If the Councillors who are so in favour of the King Street Pilot (and in transit such as streetcars and LRTs) are not complaining, why are you? Complain, complain, complain!

You do not like the diversion because you hate TIFF. We get it but if it were some other event, you would be on here proclaiming how it is a wonderful idea and the streetcar diversion is worth it. TIFF will be awesome on King Street...John Street is too narrow.

Last edited:
Then TIFF can get John Street. But they don’t want John Street.

I don’t get your reasoning. TIFF’s entitlement is the problem here. Have you been to King Street when it’s closed for TIFF? It’s boring, full of advertisements, and occasionally crowds trying to get a photo of George Clooney.

As far as “block parties” go, this isn’t one worth defending.

True, true.

Why do they insist on King?

Perhaps you're unaware that King Street hosts the third most busy transit route in Toronto, surpassed only by Subway Lines 1 and 2?

Let's block the 401 for a really big party! What could possibly go wrong?

They did close the 401 in 2008, but there was no party.

1920px-Evacuated_Highway_401_Color.jpg

From link.

Nothing but gridlock during rush hour this evening Eastbound. Reminded me of the days before the pilot. Plenty of cars on King st blocking traffic and of course cars southbound blocking up intersections. This continues to be an issue.

If the Councillors who are so in favour of the King Street Pilot (and in transit such as streetcars and LRTs) are not complaining, why are you? Complain, complain, complain!
You certainly lack a sense of awareness. I suggest you read the press and especially editorials to see how most of us see this.

You do not like the diversion because you hate TIFF. We get it but if it were some other event, you would be on here proclaiming how it is a wonderful idea and the streetcar diversion is worth it.
I don't hate TIFF, they hate the working wo/man and commuter, or they'd be a hell of a lot more considerate. They're the ones creating resentment.

TIFF will be awesome on King Street...John Street is too narrow.
Too narrow for what? And btw: "Awesome" is so like, ya know man, like, yesterday.

Last edited:
Nothing but gridlock during rush hour this evening Eastbound. Reminded me of the days before the pilot. Plenty of cars on King st blocking traffic and of course cars southbound blocking up intersections. This continues to be an issue.
Just cycled through there now. I'm at the point of screaming at motorists and pointing at the signs. They get so embarrassed when everyone turns to look at them that they comply. I was doing that on the way down earlier when it was still daylight. It's not just one or two, it's the majority of them on King. And most of them are shitty drivers.

Last edited:

Unacceptable, because there is no street parking? How do the people get there? Answer, they walk and use public transit. Note that the trams (streetcars) are not moving through the mall at high speed, but a reasonable speed.

because it's where most of the theatres that they show the movies in. They use the Princess of Whales, Roy Thompson hHalland the one they built just for the festival.

Yeah, but where is John Street in relation? Pretty damn well right about there.
They're being obtuse.

I still don't mind street closures, but there are ways to do it properly.

Just cycled through there now. I'm at the point of screaming at motorists and pointing at the signs. They get so embarrassed when everyone turns to look at them that they comply. I was doing that on the way down earlier when it was still daylight. It's not just one or two, it's the majority of them on King. And most of them are shitty drivers.

What will it take for the TPS to give a crap about enforcement here? Are they waiting for the pilot to become permanent?

Unacceptable, because there is no street parking? How do the people get there? Answer, they walk and use public transit. Note that the trams (streetcars) are not moving through the mall at high speed, but a reasonable speed.
That's a very real problem for Melbourne actually, pedestrians are out of control. Seriously, and cyclists are banned from the core section of the Bourke Street Mall.

Lessons to be learned for King. Bear in mind the 5 kph speed limit for trams on Bourke is because it is the destination. It's not the *third most important transit route* like King is, not even close.

King is a *Transit Mall* not a pedestrian mall.

Last edited:

Back