40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

20230706_212844.jpg

I saw an electric sign that read:
"TRAFFIC DELAYS"
"LOW LEVEL BRIDGE"
"STARTING NOV 20"

I can't find anything on the COE website for the Low Level Bridge (as usual).

There is supposed be rehab work taking place in 2024 according to a Global News article from 2019.

I saw an electric sign that read:
"TRAFFIC DELAYS"
"LOW LEVEL BRIDGE"
"STARTING NOV 20"

I can't find anything on the COE website for the Low Level Bridge (as usual).

There is supposed be rehab work taking place in 2024 according to a Global News article from 2019.

There was already a round of repair work done in 2020 when.. uh... cracks were discovered in the piers:

This bridge cant be replaced until the refurb a and close down of the High Level has been completed.

I hope its just replaced with a simple elegant clean design.
IMG_5712.jpeg

Here is some additional information on the Low Level Bridge Rehabilitation. The goal is extend the lifespan for over 20 years.
https://building.edmonton.ca/projects/eB-10817?tab=home
Darn, so start date on the re-furb - I thought we were convinced they start it in 2024? The project is currently funded to completion of the preliminary design phase.

Forecasted Schedule​

January, 2027​

Darn, so start date on the re-furb - I thought we were convinced they start it in 2024? The project is currently funded to completion of the preliminary design phase.

Forecasted Schedule​

January, 2027​

With the high level slated to start June of 2025

They really should just replace the entire bridge already IMO. It's embarassing to have this old and rusty 124 year old bridge as a entry way into our downtown

You do realize that this bridge has historical designation, right? Or are you content with allowing them to freely demolish anything that's over 80 years old (Hotel Mac, Legislature, HLB, etc)? And we wonder why Edmonton is so boring and sterile.

1717867896847.png

Such a gas lighter! Your previous comment suggested that the "Low Level" requires re-hab work and the first second someone over-extends whatever boundaries you have in your head.....they're all of a sudden - "out of line?"

Back