News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I don't think age has anything to do with it. Even most teenagers know it's wrong to cheat on your loved one and to divulge company secrets.
How does that answer my question?

It's a simple question of maturity. A 30-year old is simply too young to be Mayor. Not enough maturity.

Divulge company secrets?? There's been no evidence of that ... we have many, many, many posts on this forum documenting that many, many, many people had been told that TTC fares were going up, long before the TTC voted for the increase. Giambrone was telling anyone who'll listen for a long time that fares would have to go up.

Europeans for the most, see adultry in a refreshing and different light.

Across the Continent, politicians of every stripe are constantly outted for all manner of infidelity. Does Europe fall apart? Does the world end because some douche bag political hack has an affair?

No. Nobody cares.

It's to be expected.

Is there something to be gleaned from the European perspective on adultry and politics?

Yes, I think so. The manner in which we North American's go on about adultry leads one to believe the Puritans never vanished.

Oh, by the way, there have been a bunch of other women, too.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/tor...dam-giambrone-admits-to-multiple-affairs?bn=1

EDIT:

P.S. For the tabloid lovers here, here are some pix of the one that started it all, published in our favourite Toronto rag.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2010/02/09/12805436.html

Ironically, she kinda looks like a female version of Tiger in some pix.

From here: http://www.drinktheglitter.com/

To be honest, I'm absolutely shocked that such a meaningless website suddenly has some significance in this race.

On a more serious note though. I wonder if it's just my circle of acquaintances, but it seems to me that men are taking it more in stride than some women. I think his chances of winning are pretty much nil now, but if it were only men voting, perhaps his chances wouldn't be nil.

Last edited:
what's innappropriate about two consenting adults having a relationship? Even if he did cheat on his partner, the relationship isn't "innappropriate" . I don't care if he wins or not, but, I don't think this should be front news. Nobody has any say in what you do in the bedroom.

what's innappropriate about two consenting adults having a relationship? Even if he did cheat on his partner, the relationship isn't "innappropriate" . I don't care if he wins or not, but, I don't think this should be front news. Nobody has any say in what you do in the bedroom.

No, of course not, and his best play politically right now is to try to get the right wing and the media to freak out over the sex, because that'll lead to lefties like me defending him because, seriously, who cares?

But the issue is the lying. It's even worse today. Yesterday he told The Star he had not had sex with this university student - it was only a text message and conversational affair. Today he calls back to The Star and admits he was lying, and that in fact he has had sex with multiple people over the last year, including the university student in question.

But the issue is the lying. It's even worse today. Yesterday he told The Star he had not had sex with this university student - it was only a text message and conversational affair. Today he calls back to The Star and admits he was lying, and that in fact he has had sex with multiple people over the last year, including the university student in question.
Yep, it's pretty damn bad. A serious lapse in judgement.

"I didn't inhale" as it were... Yeah right. Who seriously believed that? More importantly, how moronic are his advisors, and how could he be so out-to-lunch to think we'd actually believe that? I guess they would have heavy political conversations for "stimulation".

A 32 year old man has sex with someone other than his regular partner and lies about it.

Is this news? Unusual?

Actually I was glad when I heard he had a regular partner. Before I had always assumed he was too insipid to have any sort of sex with female or male.

I have a newly gained respect for this inexperienced 32 year old. Not enough to vote for him if I were going to vote but his stock is definitely rising.

News does break in this town whenever I take a short trip away; maybe I should take more trips!

I actually think the Giambrone candidacy is over.

It's not an issue of sexual mores and morals; I believe that Toronto voters can put all of that stuff aside. But the voters (or, the patheticaly small percentage of them who will actually cast a ballot) will be fully aware of Giambrone's immaturity when election time comes around.

It all comes down to judgement. The guy has obviously spent months considering this run for the mayor's office. At the same time, he's thinking, "yeah... now's the right time to start a secret affair with a teenager."

And, of course, Monday night's lies (to say nothing of that possibly fraudulent e-mail) make him look absolutely awful.

Of course not all lies carry the same weight. But Giambrone's campaign allegedly forged an email message to try to avoid taking heat for this issue. That's revolting. Even if it was just his staff and he didn't know about it, it still makes him a crappy manager who surrounds himself with opportunistic scumbags.

I wanted Giambrone to be a worthy successor to Miller, but it's not the case. Miller had his flaws, but I don't think anyone could realistically accuse him of being anything less than honest and forthright with voters. Giambrone may have a similar vision for the city, but it's tainted now.

Exactly. I don't agree with Miller's policies. Actually, I vehemently disagree with a lot of them. But I have nothing but admiration and respect for the man as a person, public persona and public servant. I sincerely wish more politicians were like him.

Giambrone on the other hand.... And it's only getting worse. Turns out it was not just one "indiscretion" or "lapse in judgement" (odd phrasing for a one year affair) but several. Yet, that's not the problem. It's the lying. It's the fact that he need a sham image of being a "family man" (and I don't even know how you sell family values when you're not married and just shacking up). And there was word in the papers that the ethics comissioner might be investigating his conduct. Yeah, top notch candidate for Mayor in a city that's already going through so much.

Last edited:
I notice most of the other candidates are completely silent, not just about this, but about everything.

I guess that's a reasonable plan. Stay mum until all this plays out, and Giambrone effectively (if not officially) removes himself from the race, and then speak up... but not about this, just about the real topics at hand. I suspect in a few days or next week, we may start seeing a few articles about actual campaign plans from other candidates.

Even if you can overlook his indiscretions, you have to question his judgment. Just what kind of fool would think that after this came out that any others would remain silent.

Back