News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Maybe not stage 1 but bars and clubs should be closed. But a few days ago, Dr. de Villa asked people to decide if their activities are really necessary, and if not, to avoid them or make them virtual - that's as close to a recommendation to stay home as we have seen in a while.

That's just it.

Large commercial centres need to be closed unfortunately. What good is a limit on social gathering numbers if you have shopping malls open, restaurants open and lines around the block for walmart.

I get alot if businesses, landlords and people need income but what's more important money or people's health?

I agree; case numbers are growing too rapidly and drastic measures might be required.

Just yesterday, I was waiting for an elevator, and when the doors opened, a woman with no face covering came out. I waited for the next one. And on the subway, a man decided he could remove his mask once seated. Rules need to be enforced and sizable fines imposed because people are being irresponsible - when the cases start multiplying, such behaviour becomes life-threatening.

And on the subway, a man decided he could remove his mask once seated

You can't really enforce this on the TTC and I saw an anti-masker get punched for their beliefs at Broadview a couple of mornings ago.

The fact is though that there needs to be mandatory quarantines for those who refuse to wear a mask akin to a 72 hour pysch hold.

Fines are great but lock people up for 14 days under the working assumption they are infected.

Just watch how quickly people start wearing masks when they realise they will be locked up.

I wonder though..

This impromptu press conference has me wondering if we hit 500 cases or more today. It is significant that both the premier and minister of health are together on a weekend. This usually doesn't happen.

I hope that is not the case.

That's just it.

Large commercial centres need to be closed unfortunately. What good is a limit on social gathering numbers if you have shopping malls open, restaurants open and lines around the block for walmart.

I get alot if businesses, landlords and people need income but what's more important money or people's health?

Well the issue is the lockdown is unfair so I think closing down all business again is not needed as cases are not being spread by someone shopping at H&M.

Amazon can sell all they want, Wal mart can sell everything.

But every other store has to close and Jezz Bezos becomes a trillionaire. :rolleyes:

We have shown that we could have business mostly open and not have many cases but its clear bars and indoor dining and private gatherings are the issues.

Private gathering limits of 10 indoors and 25 outdoors now apply to the entire province, but it looks like that's it for now.

Well the issue is the lockdown is unfair so I think closing down all business again is not needed as cases are not being spread by someone shopping at H&M.

How do you know someone at the shopping mall isn't skipping out on Quarantine or asymptomatic?

You don't and quite frankly it's not worth the risk. Amazon was one of the safest places I shopped from in Stage 1 along with Metro and Loblaws.

Walmart was one of the least safest because of all the lines.

How do you know someone at the shopping mall isn't skipping out on Quarantine or asymptomatic?

You don't and quite frankly it's not worth the risk. Amazon was one of the safest places I shopped from in Stage 1 along with Metro and Loblaws.

Walmart was one of the least safest because of all the lines.
Issue is in the malls people walk around mostly.

And yes I do think its valid concern not to destroy local business to enrich Jeff bezos

Many snowbirds prefer to make the migration by car. This year they will have to fly, assuming border closures remain in force. But yes, nothing prevents Canadians from flying to the US or back, presently, subject to quarantine requirements.

It surprised me that the US entry restrictions only apply to land borders. Travel insurance is not a condition of entry but you'd be nuts not to. There also might be local quarantine rules upon arrival (but I kinda doubt it).

You don’t want the numbers to get out of control but I think we will find the second wave to be less than half as deadly as the first. Basic work and commerce should be maintained but we already know bars and nightclubs, banquet halls, places of worship etc. should be closed until further notice. They make only minor contributions to economic activity at too great a cost.

This will also NOT be the last wave of the pandemic; however, hopefully we can at least half the mortality each wave until covid-19 really does regress towards flu like impact. So going from for instance 10-20 times mortality to 5-10 times to 2.5-5 times to 1.25-2.5 times. That final iteration example of mine would look like 4000-5000 fatalities per year in Canada without any suppressive public health restrictions (no masks, no distancing, no suppression, voluntary vaccination). That compares to say 3500 annual flu deaths as normal in Canada.

Back