News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Actually I have a 84 year old Grandmother with Myelodysplastic Syndrome. I wear a mask anytime I am around her and actually avoid going near her. I am even suggesting ordering things online for her so she doesn't have to go outside to stores.

Not to the US but select countries where the virus is under control to be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Even reopening flights and tourism within Canada so people can have some R&R.

I wanted to visit my uncle in PEI this summer but couldn't because of the bubble.

That's good that you're cautious, so you're not the problem. But others are not being cautious. I have a friend of the family who has an mother in her late 70s with a medical condition and he also has a child recovering from leukemia. He's one of the few tho has to go into work. He plays soccer with his friends and goes over to his mom's house with the kid every week. He's being straight up reckless. People like him are who I worry about. So unfortunately, the government has to step in for people like him who don't give a shit.

I know a few people who falsely claimed they had Asthma and could not breathe with a mask on just so they did not have to wear one. They had no medical conditions, they just refused to wear a mask.

That goes back to my earlier point wherein the Human Rights Code prevents people from asking for proof of a disability.

I'd love to see them going to the human rights tribunal for it. Being an A-hole isn't a human right.

And to those who argue that this kind of deprivation is a gross violation - 9K dead is more what we have seen in most conflicts as a nation. We are at war, deal with it.

AoD

I know a few people who falsely claimed they had Asthma and could not breathe with a mask on just so they did not have to wear one. They had no medical conditions, they just refused to wear a mask.

That goes back to my earlier point wherein the Human Rights Code prevents people from asking for proof of a disability.
Then wear a face shield.

Irresponsible social gatherings would be the other major contributor. Whether it's in the form of public spaces such as overcrowded bars, or in private settings like parties. This of course can go hand in hand with workplaces too, especially if someone is infected, whether they demonstrate symptoms or not, transmits to a colleague or even a customer. And the cycle continues throughout the community.

Hoarding Lysol wipes isn’t necessary. The virus isn’t spread by touching surfaces. Normal cleaning/disinfection is fine at home, and that can be done without buying up every tub of Lysol wipes you find. Panic buying isn’t helpful to anyone.

No but the last time I saw them on store shelves was July (and only with a limit of 1) I'm not waiting until I see them again.

Last edited:
Then wear a face shield.

Face shield alone is not sufficient.

No but the last time I saw them on store shelves was July (and only with a limit of 1) I'm not waiting until I see them again.

Costco got them (6 packs) - but you have to go in early. Anyways you got other alternatives, besides it doesn't transmit easy via surfaces.

AoD

1601303341825.png

Back