News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

From the Globe:

Definitely should be part of the bigger discussion.

In the meantime, over at Windsor:

AoD

Last edited:

Multiple sources close to the government tell CBC News that the Ministry of Health is preparing options for cabinet to speed up the timeline of ending existing capacity limits in indoor spaces.
Under the current timeline, Ontario is due to take its next step on Feb. 21, by lifting all capacity limits in restaurants, bars, cinemas and gyms, and allowing large spectator venues to increase attendance to 50 per cent of capacity. The remaining capacity restrictions are due to lift three weeks later, on March 14.
The sources did not provide any proposed new dates for easing restrictions, but one of Ford's senior political advisers said any changes to the timeline would not be dramatic.
Could be a small change to the date of the next stage here. The NHL has been lobbying very heavily to get the Senators and Leafs back to 50% attendance, and both teams have home games on Saturday the 19th, and the Senators another on the 20th. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the "not dramatic" change they would make. It was reported when at capacity the Leafs gross revenue is almost $4M per game (the Senators gross is far less), so they really want even the 50% capacity. There is also the Leafs outdoor game in Hamilton at Tim Horton's Field on March 13, which is one day before the final stage change, so they may bump that date too so they can have 100% capacity with full concessions etc. at that game.

Last edited:
Scrolled through the last few pages. Don't think anyone posted any recognition for this young hero.

Outsmarted and outwitted several levels of government, bureaucracy, and police force in defense of her fellow citizens. Deserves all the plaudits.

Also, this is largely a Toronto forum, so I thought this post was insightful about the reality of the protest for the residents of Centretown:

The lethargic and incompetent response to all of this makes one want Trudeau to channel his father for a while, invoke the Emergency Measures Act and send in the army. Repeating ad nauseam that this is unacceptable is not solving the problem.

At this point I really wonder what it would take to spur any level of government into action instead of the empty words we've been hearing. Right now, nobody looks good at all in this - not Trudeau, not Ford, not the Ottawa police. A grand total of zero leadership has been displayed.

Somehow this farce seems exceedingly Canadian.

At this point I really wonder what it would take to spur any level of government into action instead of the empty words we've been hearing. Right now, nobody looks good at all in this - not Trudeau, not Ford, not the Ottawa police. A grand total of zero leadership has been displayed.

Somehow this farce seems exceedingly Canadian.

I really wish Trudeau would invoke the Emergencies Act and declare a Public Order Emergency on National Security Grounds.

At this point the public would welcome it. I suspect however that there are those in the Liberal Caucus who are concerned doing so would bring back memories of Pierre Trudeau invoking the War Measures Act.

You would think these Albertans would realise they have somewhere at home far better to go and protest some real incompetence. And it's in Edmonton so there's plenty of road space to block.

Woodcroft will be the 9th head coach hired by the Edmonton Oilers in the past 13 years:
  1. Craig MacTavish fired 2009
  2. Pat Quinn fired 2010
  3. Tom Renney fired 2012
  4. Ralph Kruger fired 2013
  5. Dallas Eakins fired 2015
  6. Todd McLellan fired 2018
  7. Ken Hitchcock fired 2019
  8. Dave Tippett fired 2022

Last edited:
I really wish Trudeau would invoke the Emergencies Act and declare a Public Order Emergency on National Security Grounds.

At this point the public would welcome it. I suspect however that there are those in the Liberal Caucus who are concerned doing so would bring back memories of Pierre Trudeau invoking the War Measures Act.

There is no need to invoke the Emergencies Act.

A host of measures are available under every day laws.

Ticketing, Towing, Injunctions and enforcement thereof.

Back