News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The leadership results have been delayed by 90 minutes because the machine is chewing up ballots....

I would consider voting conservative. I think Trudeau has been disappointing and like Wynne prioritizes virtue signaling and socioeconomic transfers over middle class priorities. But the lack of a sincere climate change strategy is a non-starter. And as an Ontarian I'm sick and tired of being on the short end of the Dutch Disease stick with the constant CPC obsession with the oil and gas sector. All while we're on the cusp of a multi-trillion dollar global clean energy transition.

The announcement for the winner of the race for the CPC leadership has been delayed again. Some ballots have been shredded by vote-counting machines. At least another hour delay.

Update: Now it could possibly be a 9 PM start -- that's *start* -- to the announcement of Conservative leadership results

Last edited:
An interesting read on Trudeau from Leger Poll:

"Respondents rated Trudeau by a significant margin as the most decisive, intelligent, and charismatic leader and the best communicator. He was also deemed the most caring and compassionate, although on that score NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh was rated a relatively close second."

I find it interesting because I don't see this side of Trudeau. I find he comes across as dim, uninformed, and a poor communicator. However, it's an interesting window into our own paradigms of what intelligence means. There are different ways to view intelligence. Many people view intelligence as I do as endowed with wisdom, knowledge and foresight. Other people view intelligence as the ability to get what you want. From this second paradigm political figures such as Trump and Trudeau could be rightly characterized as intelligent.

Everyone seems smart when they are around stupid and stupid.

Additionally personal and emotional intelligence is very valued in these times where society generally does not care about facts or expertise as much.

Meaning Trudeau is the leader apt for the mood of the times.

I don’t however find Trudeau to be particularly emotionally intelligent either. I find him image driven, shallow, controlling, calculated. He is highly intelligent in crafting image and branding, the opposite of authentic and principle. In this I actually admire his success and aptitude and this more than anything does make him perfect for our vacuous instagram times.

An interesting read on Trudeau from Leger Poll:

"Respondents rated Trudeau by a significant margin as the most decisive, intelligent, and charismatic leader and the best communicator. He was also deemed the most caring and compassionate, although on that score NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh was rated a relatively close second."

I find it interesting because I don't see this side of Trudeau. I find he comes across as dim, uninformed, and a poor communicator. However, it's an interesting window into our own paradigms of what intelligence means. There are different ways to view intelligence. Many people view intelligence as I do as endowed with wisdom, knowledge and foresight. Other people view intelligence as the ability to get what you want. From this second paradigm political figures such as Trump and Trudeau could be rightly characterized as intelligent.

I think suggesting Trudeau is 'dim' is a bit much.

I find him to be an intellectual lightweight; but then again my standards are fairly high.

Still, the man is clearly fluently bilingual and articulate in 2 languages; he is a poised speaker, most of the time, he does have a B.A. from McGill and B.Ed from UBC.

That doesn't make him a deep thinker or a policy wonk; but up against the average schmo............dim is not a reasonable term.

Now if you want to stand him next to Chrystia Freeland who is fluent in 5 languages (English, French, Russian, Ukrainian and Italian) and a Rhodes Scholar with degrees from Harvard (B.A. Russian History), and a Masters from Oxford (Slavic Studies) then sure, he's a bit of a slouch.

But he would share that title with the vast majority of the population.

I also don't think Trudeau is all that intelligent, but I do give him mad props for his bilingual abilities. He can switch seamlessly from English to French and back again better than anyone I know (I know a lot of French Canadians). He's a poised and proficient speaker (he's doing better with the 'umms' that used to plague him) when he's prepared, but take him by surprise and that breaks down somewhat.

I also don't think Trudeau is all that intelligent, but I do give him mad props for his bilingual abilities. He can switch seamlessly from English to French and back again better than anyone I know (I know a lot of French Canadians). He's a poised and proficient speaker (he's doing better with the 'umms' that used to plague him) when he's prepared, but take him by surprise and that breaks down somewhat.

He can also speak moistly. ;)

Trudeau announcing an extra 2B for the safe re-start of schools, tomorrow, in the GTA. This is on top of the previous 19B transfer to the provinces.

That would put Ontario's share in the vicinity of 800M (exact amount will be based on the number of school-aged children 4-18 in each province, and I haven't looked that up yet).

That's plenty to lower class sizes; though i expect some of it will wander elsewhere as the Feds are being 'flexible' on how the money is spent.

I’ll give Trudeau credit for improvement. Like Ford he started out wooden and halting but no he is not an effective speaker. He is totally glued to his talking points and lacks the ability to think on his feet or speak with nuance or clarity outside of those points. Verbally he doesn’t connect with the audience. He does however connect in terms of body language for instance by ending his talking point with a wink and a smile. I guess that’s all it takes to be viewed as a good communicator ;)

P.S. Thanks to Jasmine for giving me an excuse to take down my copy of Daniel Coleman’s emotional intelligence. From that (It’s a bit dated and sexist so I cut out a section):

The high IQ pure type... He is ambitious and productive predictable and dogged, and untrouble by concerns about himself. He also tends to be critical and condescending, fastidious and inhibited, uneasy with sexuality and sensual experience, unexpressive and detached, and emotionally bland.

Sound familiar to anyone here ;)

The high IQ pure type... He is ambitious and productive predictable and dogged, and untrouble by concerns about himself. He also tends to be critical and condescending, fastidious and inhibited, uneasy with sexuality and sensual experience, unexpressive and detached, and emotionally bland.

Sound familiar to anyone here ;)
It just happens to have many similarities with those with autism spectrum disorders.

Ontario's share of the new education dollars from the Feds is 762M.

They apparently already have a plan on how to spend it.

I find this odd, as supposedly they were only told they were getting the money yesterday.............but ok.

This is Ontario's plan for its share, thus far.

1598457412930.png

Back