News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

I'm always curious where these hordes of extra teachers, public health nurses and bus drivers are going to appear from? Teachers perhaps since the number of educational faculty grads has exceeded the local market for the past several years, but I think all of these will be problematic, particularly in outlying areas and more particularly if they are not funded as permanent positions.

I'm always curious where these hordes of extra teachers, public health nurses and bus drivers are going to appear from? Teachers perhaps since the number of educational faculty grads has exceeded the local market for the past several years, but I think all of these will be problematic, particularly in outlying areas and more particularly if they are not funded as permanent positions.
Its the flaw in thinking about this...

Who will really apply to work these jobs in large numbers.

Its the flaw in thinking about this...

Who will really apply to work these jobs in large numbers.

Perhaps, I was more thinking of their mere existence. I doubt unemployed Public Health nurses exist in significant numbers and people willing to be school bus drivers have to be vetted, certified on their class of vehicle and trained.

My garbled secondhand understanding from a school Principal is that the system for teachers doesn’t work how I thought it does. Because of Union rules teacher hiring and class scheduling isn’t done until the summer is over. This was confirmed to me second hand by a tenant of mine who teaches in TDSB who said as of two weeks ago she still didn’t know what school she was going to be teaching at in September.

Article going over how a panel appointed by the Trudeau government to assess reforms to Solitary Confinement (hereafter known as Structured Intervention) was unable to do its job.

It would appear that Correctional Services Canada was uncooperative to say the least; and the Minister responsible (Bill Blair) indifferent.

It needs to be said, Blair has a history now of muffing files from gun control to the inquiry into the Nova Scotia mass shooting. Its since time he exited stage right.

The Province said at one of their press conferences that they’re looking into whether Metrolinx Could provide drivers for school buses if needed.

The Province said at one of their press conferences that they’re looking into whether Metrolinx Could provide drivers for school buses if needed.

Interesting. The training and certifications would obviously be shorter; however, likely not much help outside of the GTHA.

Reactions: DSC
Nice for trudeau to call out the far left for trying to force their version of history and realize the danger that this fuels the far right right.

Was the rare time I hear him be nuanced.

One could put this under either the Trump/USA thread or this one.

But either way, worth sharing.

Its a PBS story on how the Canadian healthcare system came to be; but also comparing it with the U.S. system (for better/worse) and explaining those differences to Americans. Makes a good read for people on either side of the border.

Does a good job of explaining our system's shortcomings too.

On balance, suggests Canada's system needs work...........beats the hell out of ours.

Back