News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

My bad impression from 8PM last night:

(One day I'll figure out how to take better night shots. Yeah, I need a real tri-pod, a chair just doesn't cut it.:))

Heres a tip I use all the time. Instead of pressing the button, just set your timer to take the picture. Pressing the button makes your camera shake. Don't pick up the camera until the preview of the picture shows up and your picture should be good!

Sept 20

IMG_sept-20-09-0078.jpg

They were doing a major concrete pour with the big concrete pour truck as we were going south on Yonge and didn't know it was for this building until we got there as the truck was leaving. The road was close off. It was some where high from what I saw at Yonge.
IMG_sept-20-09-0145.jpg

IMG_sept-20-09-0089.jpg

Saw no open doors and guess things are not bad.
IMG_sept-20-09-0091.jpg

IMG_sept-20-09-0095.jpg

IMG_sept-20-09-0136.jpg

IMG_sept-20-09-0137.jpg

IMG_sept-20-09-0180.jpg

(One day I'll figure out how to take better night shots. Yeah, I need a real tri-pod, a chair just doesn't cut it.:))

ya, what Tuscani said! The other thing I used to do when i had a p+s and I was shooting at night was place my hand over the lens when the camera was taking its light reading. This would cause it to read no light and increase the exposure time to its maximum.

But really - get a dslr! I still use the timer function even when I am on a tripod.

man, you really do a lot of wandering! The only way you'll get better night shots is with a dslr on a tripod, shooting long exposures at ISO 100. But of course hauling all that junk around really kills the enjoyment of wandering...

From Front and Spadina last night around 9pm I saw some lighting patterns on the south side of the building. The blue LED ribbon was on, but these lights were white and jumping around. I didn't have the time to get a closer look to see what it was. It looked like there were spotlights on the ground pointing up and lighting up the side of the building. Did anyone else notice that last night or any other time?

Passed by tonight, and the building was fully lit. Blue stripe up the south side, and pulsing blue lights in the east face of the podium.

Have to say: the podium lighting blew me away. Fantastic. Amazing! Most especially the way that, approaching from the east, it's traced by a white stripe along the top and west edges. The podium itself fairly glows in the night, like a massive lit-up jewel-box. The only downside - as noted above - is that there's no retail; it's off limits to the public. It's not that I think every building needs retail, but it's a shame that a beauty like this one - which draws people like moths to a flame - can't go all the way and actually draw them in. Design like this - glowing streetwall, visible for blocks, alluring and embracing - would make the core of a magnificent shopping district.

man, you really do a lot of wandering! The only way you'll get better night shots is with a dslr on a tripod, shooting long exposures at ISO 100. But of course hauling all that junk around really kills the enjoyment of wandering...

It's easy to find a reasonably priced tripod that collapses down to a size that fits into the back of a knapsack. It's very handy if one is cycling around shooting photos at night.

Excellent night time shots Drum!

It's easy to find a reasonably priced tripod that collapses down to a size that fits into the back of a knapsack. It's very handy if one is cycling around shooting photos at night.

Excellent night time shots Drum!

Thanks.

I have tripod, but carrying it to meetings doesn't look good even in it's own case that is 72" fully setup.

Had no plans on doing this night shooting until I came out of a meeting to find it was clear and warm. I was over by Yonge when I started and ended up at Bathurst by walking.

Henry's has a pole type with fold out feet on it that will fit into a knapsack for about $180 and is lighter than the tripod. Time to buy it.

The ISO was set too high by auto.

Thanks.

I have tripod, but carrying it to meetings doesn't look good even in it's own case that is 72" fully setup.

Had no plans on doing this night shooting until I came out of a meeting to find it was clear and warm. I was over by Yonge when I started and ended up at Bathurst by walking.

Henry's has a pole type with fold out feet on it that will fit into a knapsack for about $180 and is lighter than the tripod. Time to buy it.

The ISO was set too high by auto.

get a small gorrila pod. fits right in your bag.

Back