News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Noticed the CN Tower was switched off yesterday (well, the lighting portion of it). I guess it's FLAP time. I assume RBC will be joining in too... although I didn't see it directly myself.

Kind of a shame the lights have to be turned off for a few months just as soon as they get them working.

posted by Elkhanan1 at SSC.....

2cn9kao.jpg

original pic by trebbble here....http://www.flickr.com/photos/trebbble/3943700954/sizes/l/in/pool-35034362597@N01/

Noticed the CN Tower was switched off yesterday (well, the lighting portion of it). I guess it's FLAP time. I assume RBC will be joining in too... although I didn't see it directly myself.

Kind of a shame the lights have to be turned off for a few months just as soon as they get them working.

They flipped the switch on the tower on Monday, a few weeks later than in past years. A white shadow climbs the building until midnight then it goes dark, this continues until November. RBC's LED's are still lit up, for now.

Last edited:
I'm no migratory bird expert, but I would imagine that birds wouldn't be drawn to decorative LED lighting; the pulsing, changing colours would scare them off I'd think. Isn't the issue that regular interior lights make indoor spaces appear as if they can be flown right into? LEDs really shouldn't attract birds. It's the multitude of office lights left on that cause problems, and they barely seem to diminish during the designated migration period.

Back