News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

One thing I like about this tower is how it's aligned to the North-South rather than East-West the way the majority of the rest of the city's towers seem to be.

It gives a slim profile to the skyline from the south, yet still adds to it.

One thing I like about this tower is how it's aligned to the North-South rather than East-West the way the majority of the rest of the city's towers seem to be.

It gives a slim profile to the skyline from the south, yet still adds to it.

I really DISlike that. I always enjoy the view of the skyline while approaching downtown on the gardiner (from either direction), however because of the orientation of this building you can't see the lighting while driving on the highway.

I suppose from the west it may have been blocked eventually anyway by the ritz.

On the plus side, you get a nice view of it from the islands...

thought I had a decent excuse to rescue RBC from page 4 of P + C. Spent a great night shooting with my tripod in the downtown core. Here's my first result. I'm hoping to post a new thread in City Photos tomorrow...

4054241551_6f60ef332f_o.jpg

beautiful pic, Redroom!

I've been out of Toronto for the past year and today I wandered from my new home at Davenport/Spadina down to Queen West and laid my eyes on this beauty in all her glory for the first time. What a fantastic impression this building makes! Combined with the glowing CN Tower it will be hard for the other buildings to stand still and not do some more to draw attention to themselves. This is terrific marketing for RBC and makes the entire city take notice. Truly fantastic stuff, I love it (well at night that is, haven't got a proper daytime view yet).

4055446279_69ae8569d0_o.jpg

Beautiful picture Redroom Studios. The exterior of RTH is looking very dated and out of place next to RBC.

Last edited:

Back