8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you mean "have not"?

So far, the only thing Brazen 2 has proven adept at is arresting brown people. Bahrami and Jugga will carry their criminal records forever, and Rob will skate. In the ITO interview with Kathy, she's openly describing she and Rob buying and using crack - it's there in black and white. And a detective sat there and listened to that, and then said, "you know how we should resolve this? A trumped-up weapons charge on a 3-time loser from out of town."

Sweet justice!

Sweet justice!

The dream of seeing Rob Ford criminally nailed for anything is over, at least for now and most certainly until after the election, during the Lisi trial. No one's going to arrest Saint Rob the Cancer-Ridden for buying or smoking crack (especially not pre-rehab, as shaky as that narrative may be). I doubt Kathy gave up much either. Like Rob, Lisi seems content to brazen it out as well; he may go to jail but there's been no indication he's all that bothered by it. It's over and we should all get used to the idea.

So far, the only thing Brazen 2 has proven adept at is arresting brown people. Bahrami and Jugga will carry their criminal records forever, and Rob will skate. In the ITO interview with Kathy, she's openly describing she and Rob buying and using crack - it's there in black and white. And a detective sat there and listened to that, and then said, "you know how we should resolve this? A trumped-up weapons charge on a 3-time loser from out of town."

Sweet justice!

Well, Lisi is white, isn't he?
I assume the detectives went in on the weapons charge merely to have leverage so they could substantiate the assault and possession charges on Ford. Obviously it doesn't look good that the Rich White Guy (also a fragrant violator of any number of laws, both criminal and moral) has skated thus far but I think when it comes down to questions like, "If Ford was black they totally would have searched those envelopes," it has more to do with his profile than his race, per se.

Elizabeth Church ‏@lizchurchto 1m
Doug Ford holding press conference at his Etobicoke campaign HQ at 4:30

Natalie Johnson ‏@NatalieCTV 11s
Doug Ford to address media at 4:30pm at Etobicoke campaign HQ. No topic given in advisory.

Subways!

The dream of seeing Rob Ford criminally nailed for anything is over, at least for now and most certainly until after the election, during the Lisi trial. No one's going to arrest Saint Rob the Cancer-Ridden for buying or smoking crack (especially not pre-rehab, as shaky as that narrative may be). I doubt Kathy gave up much either. Like Rob, Lisi seems content to brazen it out as well; he may go to jail but there's been no indication he's all that bothered by it. It's over and we should all get used to the idea.

at this point with the health issues, I would just like to see the videos leaked

I don't even understand what she's trying to say. She's like a crazy person ranting and raving on a street corner.

Without knowing what she was actually saying at the debate, it seems like she's saying the provincial govt can't do anything about violence in Toronto schools without the invaluable help of the mayor, and that violence in schools is due to the lack of prayer and anthem-singing and above all the absence of religious moralizing and intolerance, because they've largely been replaced with inconvenient things like science and facts and compassion, and oh yes, because this is a democratic society she can demand things and have them instituted in schools.

Without knowing what she was actually saying at the debate, it seems like she's saying the provincial govt can't do anything about violence in Toronto schools without the invaluable help of the mayor, and that violence in schools is due to the lack of prayer and anthem-singing and above all the absence of religious moralizing and intolerance, because they've largely been replaced with inconvenient things like science and facts and compassion, and oh yes, because this is a democratic society she can demand things and have them instituted in schools.

And aspartame. Gotta ban aspartame.

Last edited:

In the podcast associated with that link to the AM640 webpage upthread, McArthur spoke to Peter Jacobson who is one of the lawyers representing the media. Jacobson says he suspects the reason why the police have not arrested Ford for smoking crack is because they don't have any physical evidence that he was smoking crack that night. He said usually the police would need a sample of the substance. So coulda been smoking anything!

https://soundcloud.com/am640/mcarthur-lawyer-peter-jacobsen-explains-new-brazen-release-sept-24-2014

at this point with the health issues, I would just like to see the videos leaked

I want to see them just to see them, after all this time, but: no matter how many videos surfaced, at this point, they would have little to no effect on any Ford campaign. We are way past the point of any crack video ending the Fords. Which is pretty flabbergasting when you think about it.

One expert I spoke with thinks Lisi will plead out but try to do so before the case goes to a prelim to avoid evidence becoming public. If it all goes to a prelim, and then he pleads out, all the stuff in the prelim becomes public.

Not sure if this has been covered but cops had no other ITOs to bring forward. I'm surprised as I've heard there were other things in the works!

One expert I spoke with thinks Lisi will plead out but try to do so before the case goes to a prelim to avoid evidence becoming public. If it all goes to a prelim, and then he pleads out, all the stuff in the prelim becomes public.

And that would pretty much tidy the whole thing up. How many years would he even do? 3 and out with good behaviour (is he capable of good behaviour)?

Here's something I've been wondering about: suppose Rob sucumbs to his cancer in the next couple of years. Would police sources become a bit more candid with journalists about Brazen II? I'd imagine Lisi's proceedings would keep a damper on info from seeping out in the nearer term. But after that, I could see more details reaching the public realm. Or maybe I've watching too many gangster documentaries on YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back