News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Neil Flagg were frozen music...

All%20Sports.jpg

Google them, and you'll know what I mean. *Totally* Neil Flagg.

This music should be playing non-stop at the Sports Poster Warehouse.

Nail, Hammer, Head...
http://www.retrocrush.com/articles/allsportsband/index.html

Yea! Go Sports! Go Sports Yeah!

Robbie wanted us all to remember him as the football coach who became mayor.
But do football coaches generally make good mayors? E.g. T. Craig Nelson?
Just a thought.

I was wondering who amongst these councillors might grab the NDP torch in the next mayor's race or the one after that. Cressy seems fairly impressive. Good looking guy. Well spoken. He had a good speech. Layton also stands out, though he should really grow a stache like his pops. Perks is another standout but he might be a bit too kooky to run for mayor.

My money's on Matlow. I know he tries really hard to position himself as a centrist rather than a lefty, but I've always assumed he does that because he wants to run for mayor one day :)

My money's on Matlow. I know he tries really hard to position himself as a centrist rather than a lefty, but I've always assumed he does that because he wants to run for mayor one day :)

Doesn't make him any more "NDP", though--I think it's fairly well established that he's Liberal through and through.

I am happy that I haven't seen much mention of RoFo with all the international attention. I wonder if he's oot and aboot or hangin at home eating cheezies.

I could almost deal with the current situation. When there is council for three days, it is all about him, but once that is over, he is largely ignored. Doug barely gets noticed unless CP2Ford has him on the air. With the extended break from council, maybe Rob will go ignored.

I am happy that I haven't seen much mention of RoFo with all the international attention. I wonder if he's oot and aboot or hangin at home eating cheezies.

Don't you know, according to CFP, Robbie was only known intentionally due to his "substance abuse". :)

I could almost deal with the current situation. When there is council for three days, it is all about him, but once that is over, he is largely ignored. Doug barely gets noticed unless CP2Ford has him on the air. With the extended break from council, maybe Rob will go ignored.

Lets hope the ignoring of Robbie becomes a reality; however, unless CP2Ford reports actual news and not mostly opinion/fluff then there will always be a forum for the Fords. I for one am waiting for the return of Ford Nation. :)

Rob still gets clicks and eyeballs because there's still enough of a train wreck aroma to justify the curiosity. To quote Courtney Love, "they want to see if you will stand up, or will you just fall down."

But the trope that seems to be taking over is that Robbie is the "conscience" of city council, representin' for the little guy. "Are you sure you want that bike lane/library/fag parade? Just say no!"

Of course this is out-and-out bullsh!t. But
the *possibility* that Ford Nation could be bigger than first imagined still rattles a lot of cages, including Mayor Tory's, making the Robbie-as-Conscience theme more believable, at least in the press. He'll be in our faces for a while yet.

So try to imagine a tiny Robbie in a red track suit standing on your left shoulder loudly whispering "no no no!", and a tiny David Miller on your right chanting "Do it! Do it! Do it!".

I can almost smell the brimstone. But where's my effing subway?

Of course this is out-and-out bullsh!t. But
the *possibility* that Ford Nation could be bigger than first imagined still rattles a lot of cages, including Mayor Tory's, making the Robbie-as-Conscience theme more believable, at least in the press. He'll be in our faces for a while yet.

I still think Ford Nation's more comparable to this (and its current marginality)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Nation_(Australia)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back