News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truly. Making a thinly-veiled homophobic comment like that about Wynne shows what a disgusting person Renata is. The tiny modicum of sympathy I may have felt for her after Rob's death is gone like a fart in the wind, which incidentally is also the level I'd describe her intelligence to be at. Every time someone posts one of her insipid rants on here, I actually feel dumber after reading them.

I thought the Johnny referred to Mayor John Tory and she just isn't literate enough to have put in a comma to make that clear.

Anyone notice how absent a representative of the FoFam was at the funeral? You'd think someone would have been present at the interment ceremony even if it's just to pay respect to the little guys.

"Stephanie and Dougie, you'll always be taken care of, you'll always be loved and you have thousands of people that are going to love you and take care of you and Renata" - Doug Ford's Eulogy to Robble

Guy can't even get through a eulogy without lying through his teeth. Although the Ford's do have a twisted and poitical sense of what loving each other looks like, so it may not have been totally disingenuous.

I really have a bad feeling about the kids, Renata's grandparents seemed to be doing most of the parenting, so losing their grandfather and father so close together has got to mess them up. I can't imagine Renata being of much use now, especially if she is spiraling back into her addictions, which tbh I wouldn't necessarily blame her.

Excellent point, and a very telling one. Thug and Diane evidently had nothing to gain from it, so they couldn't be bothered putting in even a token appearance. Nice, eh? Though I gotta say, I find it peculiar as hell that Renata's family would videotape and put a funeral of all things up on Youtube. It's their business how they grieve, but I have never heard of anyone ever doing such a thing. Funerals are supposed to be private affairs, aren't they?

Totally peculiar. I asked myself under what circumstance could I find myself at a funeral and think "I have to record this so I can post it to YouTube?" None came to mind.

Renata? I've had my suspicions for a while but I've cut her a lot of slack because, well who knows the extent of what was happening in that house? But , now that the veil has been lifted a bit, yeah that looks like batshit-cray-cray to me. I see what's likely some benzodiazepine influence, which is somewhat understandable lately. I saw it with Rob too when he returned from rehab. Things can get tricky though when benzos get mixed with things.

Given what I've seen and the accounts of others, my guess is she's a flaming train wreck.

Doug's going to want to keep his eye on her.

I thought the Johnny referred to Mayor John Tory and she just isn't literate enough to have put in a comma to make that clear.
You may be right but my first reaction was also homophobic slur.

As for putting the funeral on YouTube, you might expect that from a young person, not someone her age.

You may be right but my first reaction was also homophobic slur.

As for putting the funeral on YouTube, you might expect that from a young person, not someone her age.

I also read it as a missing comma.

The funeral, well it looked like a big turn out in rain, and a lot of older family, I figured it was for overseas relatives who maybe couldn't make it.
The video seemed like a documentation albeit one I would be skeezed about for a while.

Food for thought: Sanctuary Park is across Royal York from Riverside Cemetery (Doug Sr.'s and Rob's burial spot) It's more a memorial-ground affair than Riverside's tombstone style of cemetery.

I'm not sure Renata has that much influence. Her political statements on FB are pretty incoherent and she just seems to be parroting stuff the FoBros and Ford Nation/IHTWOMRF as a whole has been saying.

However, *in private* (i.e. pillow talk 'n'stuff) she might have had influence (as opposed to being under the influence, though yeah, maybe that too). And the recent "parroting stuff" might just have been affirming what she'd been sharing w/Robbie all along (again, w/her own family's likely kitchen-table et al influence). And Rob was probably all gosharootie about it--like, he never had such "serious" talk around the household other than Doug Sr. yelling at the TV screen or something. Or at least, it was different and more alienating coming from his own toxic family than when it came from the epiphanous intimacy of his beloved Polish pumpkin. (Love--even, as here, in its most grotesquely tortured form--has a way of doing such things.)

And if her statements even then were incoherent, well, such was also the case with those crackpot "folks" who visited his office with one gripe or another.

In fact, one irony I've considered is that for all his sloganeering, RoFo--even if he weren't Mayor--would have been ill at ease at even pro-Ford social media; far more so than Renata. He was in his element knocking on doors and giving out magnets and posing for selfies; but *Renata* would have been far more into political talk--yeah, a trainwreck form of political talk; but, hey...

Excellent point, and a very telling one. Thug and Diane evidently had nothing to gain from it, so they couldn't be bothered putting in even a token appearance. Nice, eh? Though I gotta say, I find it peculiar as hell that Renata's family would videotape and put a funeral of all things up on Youtube. It's their business how they grieve, but I have never heard of anyone ever doing such a thing. Funerals are supposed to be private affairs, aren't they?
Mikey seems a decent enough chap, I'm a bit surprised not to see him there. Diane should have come to pay respect to people who helped raise those grandkids. However...., I have to wonder if Renata told all Fords not to come, or that she didn't want them there?

As for the video, I imagine it is for people in Poland who are friends/relatives of the deceased. We didn't get a video but got lots of photos from my mom's uncle's funeral a few weeks ago in Serbia. On the longer video it says "this video is unlisted, please be considerate and think twice before sharing" So, even though someone here found it, it's not really meant for the public.

I read it as a poorly executed John Wayne pun. Renata seems a pathetic creature who has lived her life as a victim. There are many out there who can empathize with her. Give her some time to get past her recent associations. Maybe, just maybe, she can pull herself out of the quagmire. If not, then she is a lost cause.

Don't all come down on my head guys! I hate to give up on anyone.

Interesting at the internment for her father Renata is not there or maybe collapsed in the hearse?
!
I thought she was the person sitting in that row where the children were seated, the seat closest to the camera, wearing a black-and-white checked scarf on her head. When the widow went to put a rose on the casket, there was already one rose there, so I don't know if Renata did it before her mother (kind of odd) and the camera missed it or what.

If anything, Renata's only real role will be as a potential liability to Doug. She may be angling for a "presence" on talk radio. I don't think she has any more affection for Doug and his crew than he/they have for her.

Given Towhey's claim of rampant PTSD in Rob's former staff, what must it have been like for her married to Rob for the whole of his career at City Hall? I don't know about what it was like before the mayoralty but she was almost totally absent from the public eye during those 4 years. Nothing during Rob's rehab except for token sightings visiting him with the kids. And Filion's compassion and empathy did not seem to extend to Renata. If Rob spoke to him about his relationship with her she was probably also the butt of Rob's casual comments to his other "friends" on council. She was seldom dragged out by Rob except as a shield from the media. Try to imagine if Renata had accompanied Rob and the kids (in formal dress!) to the Garrison Ball!

And did she/does she have any real friends? I suspect that a lot of the gobbbledigook she's spouting on FB now has to do with what she's been living holed up with her parents. I used to have some sympathy for her lot in life, and would still if it wasn't for the persona she's been presenting recently, but really it is just one variation of the FN and FoFam worldview.

No kids should grow up in that kind of "culture", but I know people who survived similar abuse and craziness growing up, without the financial resources and the 'Kennedy' and 'political greatness' mythology. Maybe Mikey or Kathy will step up and be there for the kids. Fer sure someone's got to step up and try to help break the cycle.

Was at a small funeral before rob passed away which had the entire ford family at it and there was nothing to gain from it.

Probably will not be cleared...
image.jpg

...until the weekend of Saturday, April 23 and Sunday, April 24 - Community Clean-up Days. See link.

Get your garbage bags ready!

garbage bags? couple of decent footballs in there

It's funny, someone went out to buy a football and leave it in the pile with the packaging still on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back