News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
What precedent would that set? I don't want addicts or irresponsible people leading this city.

I don't want addicted or irresponsible people doing any job that directly or indirectly affects me... but neither do I want an employer handing me a cup to pee in randomly every few months as a condition of my continual employment.

I don't want addicted or irresponsible people doing any job that directly or indirectly affects me... but neither do I want an employer handing me a cup to pee in randomly every few months as a condition of my continual employment.
I'm sure your job at McDonald's will never do this. I'm talking about City Council and only City Council.

It was in the past. And he's truly sorry.

No he is truly.......truly.......truly............sorry and it will never........ever........ever........ever...........hapen again. God bless the people of this great city.

Last edited:
Royson James
@RoysonJames
BTW, integrity commish can recommend only two sanctions: apology or pay cut for 3 months max

So the neither of the two things they're arguing over have any real teeth

Great

What precedent would that set? I don't want addicts or irresponsible people leading this city.

I don't either but I also don't want to live in a society where people are presumed to be addicts or criminals until proven innocent. Presumption of innocence is a pillar of our legal system and a fundamental right in our society.

Agreed, let's have the referral and the censure both. Is there some complicated legal reason why we can't?

You've got to go the legal route, which is through the referral. They changed the wording to ASAP - not 4 months but I don't know if that does anything.

Can the process be hurried along so it doesn't take 4 months? I'm having fun imagining the looks on the Mussolini Twins' fat faces when they're suddenly confronted with an imminent judgement after naively assuming they had a few months' grace period. Heh, heh, heh!

Royson James
@RoysonJames
BTW, integrity commish can recommend only two sanctions: apology or pay cut for 3 months max

So the neither of the two things they're arguing over have any real teeth

Great
Yeah, so what's the point. He'll say he's already apologized, and I don't give a rat's ass if he apologizes again. Pay cut? Who cares. He needs to get out. Now.

The downtown councillors are simply stroking their love of process with the motion to refer. This morning Ford was being made to answer questions and councillors were speaking to his fitness for office. Now that seems to be waylaid while the circle jerk about what council should do happens. The integrity commissioner can't do anything either. Councillors should be able to say that several actions of the mayor make him unfit for service and demand his resignation. Just because they can't force him out (and since they're all elected I don't know if they should have that power) doesn't mean they can't make it clear that that would be the proper action for the mayor.

Four newspapers couldn't force him out either, but they've still been loud in saying that it is time for him to resign.

No he is truly.......truly.......truly............sorry and it will never........ever........ever........ever...........hapen again.

I hope he once again wishes it's something that no one else ever has to go through... As if he's some victim of circumstance bearing the cross for all of us.

The downtown councillors are simply stroking their love of process with the motion to refer. This morning Ford was being made to answer questions and councillors were speaking to his fitness for office. Now that seems to be waylaid while the circle jerk about what council should do happens. The integrity commissioner can't do anything either. Councillors should be able to say that several actions of the mayor make him unfit for service and demand his resignation. Just because they can't force him out (and since they're all elected I don't know if they should have that power) doesn't mean they can't make it clear that that would be the proper action for the mayor.

Four newspapers couldn't force him out either, but they've still been loud in saying that it is time for him to resign.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back