News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to say May 7, because that's the day I'm getting married, and wouldn't that be a nice wedding gift?

But, someone else has it already, so I'll go for May 5, because it seems like a Monday kind of thing to happen.

That PJS @ Walmart photo is ancient and IIRC it was definitely him. It's just that we've been through so much stuff people can't remember more innocent times. In a few weeks someone will paste, "I found this Youtube of Ford saying Orientals work like dogs?! Can you believe one time he said that nutty thing?" Yeah, it all happened, folks.

I may be optimistic but I agree they've crossed a line with this trip. It's like they're doubling down on the celebrity thing while only pretending they still care about the "mayor" stuff. no one believes he's there on some "Hollywood North" mission and there isn't anyone who isn't laughing at him. That CTV interview captured what a lot of people in the media already think (i.e. WTF is wrong with you; don't you get the joke is on YOU??!) and it's infectious.

It's hard to believe we still haven't hit rock bottom, but there you go.

Bobbleheads will pay for the trip--

reporterdonpeat 12:28pm via Web
Still waiting for a response from Mayor Rob Ford's spokesman on who paid for the mayor & the mayor's staff to go to Hollywood.
I'm sure I heard Doug say that it didn't cost the taxpayer in reference to himself and Rob, but no mention (of course) of the staff and what that cost. And then there's all the millions ... heck, billions! .... of dollars that will flow into the city as the result of the trip.

That PJS @ Walmart photo is ancient and IIRC it was definitely him. It's just that we've been through so much stuff people can't remember more innocent times. In a few weeks someone will paste, "I found this Youtube of Ford saying Orientals work like dogs?! Can you believe one time he said that nutty thing?" Yeah, it all happened, folks.

I may be optimistic but I agree they've crossed a line with this trip. It's like they're doubling down on the celebrity thing while only pretending they still care about the "mayor" stuff. no one believes he's there on some "Hollywood North" mission and there isn't anyone who isn't laughing at him. That CTV interview captured what a lot of people in the media already think (i.e. WTF is wrong with you; don't you get the joke is on YOU??!) and it's infectious.

It's hard to believe we still haven't hit rock bottom, but there you go.

We've got at least 10 months before rock bottom... There's a LOT lower that he can, and will go. I predict there will be at least reports, if not photographic evidence of him directly paying for votes on election day, perhaps even with dime-bags.

Question: A few years ago, Toronto Tourism paid the Jimmy Kimmel Show almost a $1/2 million to take the show to Toronto. Does all this Rob Ford stuff mean we're getting additional promotion for free? Or is it cancelling out that $1/2 mil?

Doug Ford implied for every one person they talk to, that's 10 000 tourists to the city.
"So if we invited one person, we invited 10,000 people up there.â€"
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...n_hollywood_what_movie_were_you_in_again.html

That coupled with his estimate of how much a commercial spot gets on Jimmy Kimmel makes me seriously question if Deco's book keeping is accurate. How could the guy with gems like that possibly run a successful business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back