News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Doug will scuttle back to LeDrew now for CP24 interviews?

Someone told me something interesting about Doug & LeDrew/CP24 recently. In the aftermath of the Kathy/Diane/LeDrew 'interview' on CP24 last year, Doug apparently said something along the lines of: "I didn't know this was coming, and I talk to LeDrew two or three times daily."

Anyone remember Doug saying something like that, or have any thoughts on why Doug might feel the need to talk to LeDrew that often? Of course, it could just be more Doug Ford-branded fertiliser, but still, interesting that he apparently deliberately let slip that he had been blindsided despite apparently frequent close contact with LeDrew.

Without wishing to derail the thread too very much, are you saying that "no security" is more secure than "security"? If so, I imagine that plenty of IT security professionals would disagree with that statement. Also: when you say "publicly visible", do you instead mean "likely to be indexed by a search engine"? Just because c12987324987.whatever.com doesn't immediately describe the site content doesn't mean that it's not publicly visible.

As you point out, nothing inherently wrong with having a live dev/demo site, but to have such a thing for a client like Ford (definitely not an international celebrity, after all!) shows a stunning lack of awareness on the part of whoever put it up.

It is a campaign website, with little on it. You're over valuing it. It's not much more than a digital campaign brochure.

I'm not defending the developer's lack of wisdom, I'm saying that in this case the amount of security people seem to think there should've been is quite hilarious.

Re: security: "security through obscurity" is a poor practice, if you have something worth protecting, and unnecessary login requirements create potential vulnerabilities (to the server itself, and any other site hosted on it) and doubly attract attention from hackers and script kiddies once indexed. A campaign site like this doesn't require that level of security. It's not Mt. Gox.

I've said it before, but if the ONLY disreputable thing Ford ever did was call Sandro Lisi a friend, that would be enough to make him a scumbag in my book.

It's not just that he called him a friend but that he called him trustworthy, honest, etc. (i.e., meeting the RoFo benchmarks for those terms), whereas Doug denying knowing Lisi at all means something like 'Yeah, I know who he is and that he's a scumbag like me, but you won't get me to admit that'.

It's a good bet that if the document is released Rob gets arrested same day!

Hi all - I've been reading the forum since around the 1500 page mark...my how far its come..

I just wanted to chime in here.. I would have a real problem if the thing that finally pushes the police to arrest Ford is the information going public. They have had this information for quite some time. They have arrested people for less. I get that they are trying to build a case, but the information going public shouldn't be the thing that finally gets them to make a move.

Someone told me something interesting about Doug & LeDrew/CP24 recently. In the aftermath of the Kathy/Diane/LeDrew 'interview' on CP24 last year, Doug apparently said something along the lines of: "I didn't know this was coming, and I talk to LeDrew two or three times daily."

Anyone remember Doug saying something like that, or have any thoughts on why Doug might feel the need to talk to LeDrew that often? Of course, it could just be more Doug Ford-branded fertiliser, but still, interesting that he apparently deliberately let slip that he had been blindsided despite apparently frequent close contact with LeDrew.
It's easy to get blindsided when you live in your own reality.

It is a campaign website, with little on it. You're over valuing it. It's not much more than a digital campaign brochure.

I'm not defending the developer's lack of wisdom, I'm saying that in this case the amount of security people seem to think there should've been is quite hilarious.

Re: security: "security through obscurity" is a poor practice, if you have something worth protecting, and unnecessary login requirements create potential vulnerabilities (to the server itself, and any other site hosted on it) and doubly attract attention from hackers and script kiddies once indexed. A campaign site like this doesn't require that level of security. It's not Mt. Gox.

The idea here is not security in that sense, simply that you wouldn't want to embarrass your client by putting a half-finished website on the open Internet. In development you run the webserver on your local network, if you want to demo it to a remote client you briefly poke a hole in your firewall and then take it down immediately after. Only publish when you're ready.

If it's not anything sensitive and is mostly static content I don't see anything wrong with doing "development on production" in general, but that was just silly.

Normal mistakes that normal people make, sure, but certainly not the best web developer in the country as Doug claims.

So Blair did it, wonder what this means (other than it might get the Fords to shut up about him)...where is MetroMan?

Clearly the OPP is in cahoots with the Toronto Star, Blair, Tory, the cyber-Marxists, and the saucer people. How far does this conspiracy go?

Clearly the OPP is in cahoots with the Toronto Star, Blair, Tory, the cyber-Marxists, and the saucer people. How far does this conspiracy go?

I believe the squirrels are in on it, too. They're currently in talks with the racoons, but negotiations have stalled.

If the Fords had their morality intact they would react to seeing their own shit-show something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hpp7H_PucE

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back