News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask him! I've seen several people ask him on Twitter, and his response is always along the lines of: "You wouldn't like the answer; it's boring and wouldn't play into your twisted dreams of me as some sort of evil drunk-driving-hiding mastermind, you hateful Twitter person"...

...but he never actually gives a straight answer. If the answer is so boring, why can't he just give it?

Yep.

Because he's waiting until he can capitalize on it, the loathsome epitome of FYIGM Randroid self-interest that he is.

Something was always bugging me about the Towhey/Price conversation on May 17. The ITO takes the time to note that Towhey didn't like Price. Towhey noted that he usually did the hiring, but that the Mayor insisted Price be hired (at the behest of Doug). Towhey notes that Price is paid $130000 when it ought to be $70000 and that Towhey thinks he's not qualified. (Towhey 2nd interview, ITO pg 77)

But back to the first interview: Price called Towhey and started to say "hypothetically..." and Towhey was like "don't screw with me, tell me what happened."

Then Price brings up the Smith murder, suggest he may have been killed for phone. (ITO Towhey interview #1,5/18/13, starts on pg 29).

I wonder if Price didn't feed Towhey false info, knowing Towhey would dutifully report it all to police. The info wasn't ALL false (320 Dixon drug dealers, etc) but maybe he thought if he sends police in the wrong direction (Smith murder), it would buy them some time to retrieve the video from Siad.
The game is afoot. Well done.

Maybe Randy and Doug just aren't aware. If anyone has the thousand yard stare into the future lately it seems to be Rob. Doug and Randy don't seem to know how badly it's all turning to shit.

Possibly because there's stuff about Rob that Doug and Randy don't know? Same as how Doug didn't know a bunch of stuff about Rob but was happy to deny it outright until Rob blindsided him with a public apology/confession?

Price is a mystery. Was he a bad guy working with Sandro to get the video or a good guy caught in the middle of a messed up situation?

Going back a few years: a friend of mine (not someone who obsessively follows this stuff, but we've chatted about it once or twice) used to work in the same office as Price, and his account of Price tallies with media reports from when Ford hired Price. My buddy says Price was "weird" and "angry" and that he never felt comfortable around him.

Hmm. Hadn't considered that. Perhaps Price thought Towhey was onboard with the wet work, given Towhey's rep for being evil and that he was Rob Ford's chief of staff (which fact alone is evidence of there being something wrong with you, I'd say).

Seems a bit convoluted, though; too complex and too much of a long shot. Also implicates Doug more directly in the Smith thing, which - despite my loathing of Doug - I don't buy.

Anyway, why provide info about where the video is to someone you don't think is fully on your team?

nah, it doesn't implicate Doug -- Doug wanted Price hired before he knew about what Robbie had gotten himself into by being filmed, I think. Doug just wanted another guy (besides himself) who could push Rob to do things Doug's way.

I just think it's clear Towhey didn't respect Price and made no secret of it. I mean, I think Price knew Towhey didn't think highly of him; yet he still went to him with explosive stuff.

Magnets, how do they work...
I meant that in this way.

redface.jpg

Attachments

• redface.jpg
    redface.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 646
It seems like Price has always played a fixer role for the Fords. For example, even before he joined their office he was the one who brought over a phone charger to Rob's house so that they could power up Daniel Dale's phone and go through it (that according to police). For some reason, Dale's phone wasn't password protected.
Dale seems to be a benefit of the doubt kinda guy. He really took the high road on the libel case.

Moderately amusing - and pardon if someone already posted - but we were talking, a few pages back, about whether Daniel Dale was already in LA or sent there by The STar. He was sent there and his story of how he found Ford (from a live chat this aft) is cute:
It was pretty hilarious and terrible. Hollywood is at G20-level barricading and security on Oscars day, so I could see that the mayor was tweeting from across the street from me, but it took me like an hour to actually cross the street. So I just wandered for five hours...until I caught my big break: the mayor tweeted from Michael J. Fox's star on the walk of fame. I Googled the address of that star and wandered in its general direction...and eventually ran into the mayor's spokesman, Amin Massoudi, standing on a sidewalk outside a suit store. He did not seem especially thrilled to see me. The mayor himself wouldn't look at me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back