News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where'd you get confirmation he's drunk? I think part of their plan is that he now just always looks a little bit drunk so you can't tell the actual times.

Just curious, if someone was hammered on vodka (which has no smell), would he still reek of alcohol?

I have often thought Ford has a lot of sociopathic qualities. Sociopaths after all are very good at charming or getting "in" with people. I'm not sure that Ford sees "people as people" at all - more like a means to power and self-glorification. Ford never feels guilt or shame - he is someone who not only lies and denies but tries to destroy others in the process, with no apparent remorse unless his back is against the wall legally (e.g. Daniel Dale).

Actually, that sounds more directly like *Doug* Ford--and by logical extension, Rob as Doug's brainless puppet.

The will isn't there because there's still hope for an arrest, and for justice to be served. If he gets off scott-free and somehow gets re-elected? I really think that would be too much for a lot of people to take.

Keep in mind that another Ford's-possible-fate reference point I offered early on was 1989 and the collapse of the Soviet bloc--no, I wouldn't go so far as to claim the Fords'll meet a Ceausescu-esque firing-squad fate, but...

Dale: "[Massoudi] did not seem especially thrilled to see me. The mayor himself wouldn't look at me."

I think I just felt some serious schadenforde. Marvellous.

A family member of mine is a chronic alcoholic, his preferred drink is vodka. I can smell it through his pores, it has an almost medicinal sweet smell to it. He drinks it because he thinks it has no odor but it does.

So I have to ask everyone here... what are we going to do once all this drama Ford dissipates for good? Once we know what the charges are then a lot of the fun in speculation will be gone.

Maybe I'll have to take piano lessons or something...

It depends on whether the net effect is confined to Rob Ford, or whether it spreads to the whole Ford/Deco empire--with all the dominos collapsing, the broader Ford-family modus operandi revelations might well snowball...

Just curious, if someone was hammered on vodka (which has no smell), would he still reek of alcohol?

Oh god yes. I used to drink - a lot (good thing I'm not mayor) and god yes, people can smell it. Not everyone can recognize it as the smell of alcohol unless you literally breathe vodka breath at them, but yes it smells. The Russian language has a word for the smell of alcohol coming through your skin, "peregar".

I have been reading Sue Ann Levy tweets and I imagine that she has been hurt an awful lot in her life and has a soft spot for Ford. He may have been nice to her when she was vulnerable. Some people find it empowering to be the savior of an underdog. I also think she may enjoy the attention she gets by being abrasive. I imagine also that is how some Ford supporters feel about him, they can relate to his feeling victimized. I think that Ford has never had to be accountable for much in his life and he lashes out when he gets called on it. This makes some people believe that he is powerful, but I think he is just a boorish abrasive man child who feels entitled to his perceived legacy.
I still think that the media needs to be more clinical and informative when it comes to the way they report on Ford. If the media just starts to write the basics without the perceived spin or so called bias it will start to hit home to those who still support him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back