News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who has been wrongfully arrested, bootfucked, and searched without probable cause, I'm rather open to accepting this theory in light of what Robert has been able to get away with.

Actually, for me it wasn't a problem. I was psychologically, financially, socially, and personally sound. It was a week-end diversion sort of thing. You know, in the parlance of our dear "mayor", a personal time thing. The chemical that results from the combo of cocaine and alcohol is very toxic so I sort of let my self-respect take over.

FYI re the TMI:

I would be very wary of admitting that you’ve had a drug problem, that you own a gun, that you’ve been arrested and bootf--ked etc. on a public forum. Imagining that a screen name on Vbulletin makes you in any way anonymous in 2014 is very very naïve. Beyond the fact that datamining algorithms are increasing able to uniquely identify users by drawing together all of their online activities, Vbulletin itself was the target of a very serious hack late last year:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...7195-important-message-regarding-your-account
http://www.darkreading.com/attacks-...om-hacked-customer-data-stolen/d/d-id/1112660

Things to think about:

“More often now databases are being linked together, so that what you do online on a dating site or public forum under a pseudonym is increasingly easy to connect to what you’re doing online on Facebook or your Gmail or LinkedIn account, which is under your real name.â€

Alessandro Acquisti, Professor of Information Technology, Carnegie Mellon University,

“I never put anything in a email that I wouldn’t be ready to defend if it was published in a newspaper. Or, presented to me across the table by a lawyer. Because I know that those things can happen. Whether I want them to or not, they just, they happen to people all the time.â€

Kevin Slavin, Assistant Professor of Media Arts and Sciences, MIT

To me, this kind of caution is equally appropriate on a public forum.

Last edited:
Can't understand why any woman would want to see that man naked ... Ever. Much less allow him to have sex with her. The thought is just gross and vomit inducing at best.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/07/17/mayor-rob-ford-top-male-hottie-at-toronto-city-hall-survey-says

Hotties of City Hall (Men):

1. Rob Ford, mayor: 43.25%

2. Mike Toolaram, mayoral bodyguard: 13.69%

3. Adam Vaughan, councillor: 13.5%

4. Josh Colle, councillor: 13.13%

5. Andy Byford, TTC CEO: 10.01%

6. Joe Pennachetti, city manager: 3.4%

7. Giorgio Mammoliti, councillor: 3.02%

Hotties of City Hall (Women):

1. Jennifer Keesmaat, chief planner: 42.09%

2. Michelle Berardinetti, councillor: 26.2%

3. Karen Stintz, TTC chair: 16.11%

4. Mary Fragedakis, councillor: 6.43%

5. Janet Leiper, integrity commissioner: 5.14%

6. Ana Bailao, councillor: 2.49%

7. Maria Augimeri, councillor: 1.54%

That poll is bogus. I don't know any women who think Ford is attractive in any way, shape or form, especially given his personality.

You're right, of course and I appreciate the advice.
However, unlike the subject of this thread, I have nothing to hide and, unlike said subject, I'm being honest when I say that.

Said rifle is legally owned by someone other than me and is only mine when/if I get my licensing in order. As I said, I haven't even seen it in over ten years.

As for the rest, it's all well in the past.

That poll is bogus. I don't know any women who think Ford is attractive in any way, shape or form, especially given his personality.

It was July, 2013. Back when Rob was still riding high in the polls.

I guess it's in the eye of the beholder.

I can't say that I agree 100 per cent with the ladies ranking either.

Last edited:
I think you might be on to something. Renata must be a divorce lawyer's dream.

She's actually pretty much a divorce lawyer's nightmare.

Bear in mind, divorce cases are supposed to settle. They almost always do. The Fords may be willing to pay Renata to go quietly -- but if they aren't, they will be utterly intractable and horrible to negotiate with. So the case will end up in court, time-consuming, expensive, stressful court, and whoever represents Renata will be dealing with a loose cannon on the other side -- actually several of them, since I doubt Doug et al. will stay out of it.

Dennis Morris can't control Rob; I doubt any other lawyer can either. Actually, I can see Rob going through several lawyers who either get fired or quit in frustration ("breakdown of the solicitor-client relationship"), which will just delay resolution even more.

And we really have no idea what Renata is like as a person, whether she can take advice, show up to appointments, compile financial documentation etc.

Almost all that stuff you mentioned -- the cheating, the sex workers, the assorted humiliations -- is irrelevant to Renata's case, per the Divorce Act. It'll have zero impact on her financial position and it won't help her much with custody. The violence and drug use *might* help with custody/access -- under the Children's Law Reform Act it's supposed to -- but it's not spelled out how and judges interpret the direction to "take it into account" in various ways. And if Renata has her own substance issues and parenting problems this will become a giant mud-slinging competition that she is by no means guaranteed to win. Lots of billable hours, but (a) getting paid to do something miserable is still miserable and (b) will Renata even be able to pay? She has no income of her own AFAIK and if the Fords choose to fight they will assuredly screw around with her spousal and child support.

It is a big no-no to trade financial support for custody/access to kids. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but an agreement openly made on that basis will not stand up in court, and legal arrangements re: minor children are never truly permanent.

I mean yeah, some family lawyers love getting down in the mud and hurling insults and amping up the conflict for a big fee, but I'll venture to say most find it soul-sucking.

Last edited:
It was July, 2013. Back when Rob was still riding high in the polls.

I guess it's in the eye of the beholder.

If he's attractive then I really have to wonder why I'm single.

The fact that 42 % of any demographic would find him attractive is rubbish. It's either doctored or there's a serious problem in the heads of Sun readers.

If he's attractive then I really have to wonder why I'm single.

The fact that 42 % of any demographic would find him attractive is rubbish. It's either doctored or there's a serious problem in the heads of Sun readers.

They ( Henry Kissinger at least ) say, "Power is the great aphrodisiac."

They ( Henry Kissinger at least ) say, "Power is the great aphrodisiac."

It's like women who fall in love with mass murderers who are in jail. The rest of us can't figure it out but these women have issues of their own.

Ugh. As a woman, I feel the need to chime in to state unequivocally that Rob Ford is revolting.

Amen, sister! I just don't get it!

If it's an online poll I would be pretty certain a good chunk of that is people voting on sarcasm and for laughs. You know kind of like the selfie with Ford.

Anne, I really enjoy your writing and you always bring out an interesting point of view. I normally agree with you or you bring good different light to a discussion. I think there are circumstances that good people get messed up on drink and drugs. The thing is Ford is never a decent person. He never seems sorry at all (unless it's politically convenient) and never shows any remorse or willing to humble himself when he is sober (which is a good sign of somebody who is truly sorry about their alcohol abuse). Instead he doubles down. Ford is not an average guy who got caught up in drugs. He's a scum bag who is a drug addict because he feels he's entitled to feel good whenever he wants.

Rob was sober many times as he hangs around and gives positive references to shady criminals... Rob was sober when he called Luby a "waste of skin"... Rob was sober when he tried to ruin Doolittle career... Rob was sober when he accused Dale of the most disgusting act... Rob was sober when he robo-called Ainslie cause Ainsile told about the Garrison Ball incident... Rob was sober when he called author of children book "Something that starts with B".. Rob was sober when he falsely accused a CBC comedian\camera crew of pushing his kid... Rob was sober when he told the slushi thrower that it hit him in the face, when it turned out it hardly hit his leg... The story I will never forget was when Rob and Luby went for the same council seat early in his career (97) and we hear about a couple of thugs stole her dog statue and with thugs holding guns to the dog head. There has been shady aspect with Ford his entire life and it's not just about the drink.

I hate to say this, but I doubt anything will come out of it. With the possibility of fishing buddy Harper, weasley Hudak as Premiere and spineless Tory as mayor. Everything will be swept under the rug. Who out of this group would push for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back