News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been bouncing in and out of the thread, but has anyone brought up the idea that Douggie will hire a few Sober Coaches to stay with Rob 24/7 to keep him out of trouble until the election? After spending 50 grand or more on fake-hab, you'd think Doug would want to protect the investment.

I doubt that he'd actually be staying at the resort when the FoFam cottage is so close and he's out buying food and TP and such. More likely he is staying at the cottage but getting bored just sitting around in between conjugal visits with McRobb, and heads off to the Windemere to find entertainment -- hanging out with people half his age who will take selfies with him, as usual.
That makes sense. More privacy at the cottage.

...it's the only rehab I'm aware of that lets you have a cell phone...

That's the part that always bothers me, aside from talking to media, which he was warned not to do by GS, unless there are the OPP locating his phone, how do we actually say he has been using it at GS.

My point, Robbie has used multiple phones in the past to cover his tracks and there is nothing to say that he will not continue to do so, now or in the future.

What is the protocol for drug testing of City Employees returning from city-funded substance use treatment? I know that some companies and professional colleges require that you submit to regular random testing as a condition of returning to work.

Where is casita when he can be useful?

RoFo is not an employee, but even if he was, "pre-employment drug and alcohol testing, random drug testing, and random alcohol testing of employees in non-safety -sensitive positions is unacceptable under the Canadian Human Rights Act. Safety-sensitive positions are those where the volatile materials, dangerous equipment, or vulnerable people is a part of regular work duties."

He is returning back to Modified Duty status. The City even provides him with a chauffeur.

So, I can't see him being ordered to take drug / alcohol random testing as part of his Return to Work ( RTW ) conditions.

I've got a question. Well, lots of them, actually, but I'll start with two: Is it common for patients in residential programs to spend as much time away from the facility as Rob appears to be doing? I know nothing but about treatment, but I can see how field trips might be useful in helping patients get used to being sober outside a structured environment. That said, Rob's pattern seems kind of odd. What are you thoughts? Also, I'm bothered by the fact he continues to pose for photos. He's continuing with his old attention-seeking behaviour, which suggests to me he's not very far along his therapy. Again, I'm just guessing at stuff, but what does it look like to you?

1: No, it's not common.
2: No, he's not far along in his therapy.
I think I can say with confidence that your instincts are dead on!

Welcome to UT.

The Bros. have brought up drug testing, well at times they can control and not random testing, and only if all the councillors be tested as well. Of course that's just grandstanding, however, now with the fact of rehab... council could vote to make random testing for the mayor, preferably until 10/27.

Testing a side, social media and regular media are doing a pretty good job of keeping tabs of a lot of Robbie's activities, except for the "constitutes'" meetings that keep him from going to work.

And that is the important point to me, how his playing is keeping him from being "mayor". We pay him to be a leader and guide Toronto and counsel to being more efficient and better, as per his platform, but he has only proven to be as effective as all "fiscal conservatives" who have proven to be full of suit in the past.

Because their funding comes exclusively from their clients, private rehabs such as GreeneStone tend to be much more flexible in their rules than those funded by OHIP or churches/charities (beggars can't be choosers). At my NA home group I ran into someone who was at GS with Ford, and he confirmed this; he told me that GS has a "great program" but attendance at lectures, groups etc. is entirely voluntary. This, of course, is the exact opposite of what Ford needs. BTW I also heard that Ford checked out CAMH and Homewood before settling on GS -- no surprise there, as those rehabs are definitely stricter (especially Homewood).

Also, regarding that "great program" comment: I think it's pretty obvious that Ford's need for people to take photos of him is a manifestation of his addiction, and I would think that any good rehab would see, and challenge, that. As for visiting bars (even if not drinking)? At Homewood that was grounds for discharge.

Fun fact: A patient I'm working with was at GS some years ago. Back then it costs $50,000 for a 55 day program.

RoFo is not an employee, but even if he was, "pre-employment drug and alcohol testing, random drug testing, and random alcohol testing of employees in non-safety -sensitive positions is unacceptable under the Canadian Human Rights Act. Safety-sensitive positions are those where the volatile materials, dangerous equipment, or vulnerable people is a part of regular work duties.".

That's for pre-employment testing. It can legally be a return to work condition if someone is on disability for substance abuse treament.

I get that he is not an employee though. Man, the lack of accountability beyond the honour/shame system and elections every 4 years in municipal politics is astonishing.

Given that he has been shopping for things like toilet paper and mass quantities of bananas, it makes more sense that he is staying at the cottage than at rehab or a resort.

I'm sure that he's all proud of himself, thinking he has fooled the electorate into believing he is in rehab.
If I remember correctly, he was putting bananas on the conveyor belt at the cash register, but the toilet paper was in a shopping cart behind him; we couldn't tell if it was his shopping cart or belonged to the next customer in line (who was not in the photo).

Once again, a story breaks on here well before the media. With all the selfies near his cottage being posted here the last few days, it was obvious he was no longer at greenestone.

Here's hoping the MSM can take the reins and get this out there. I'm not holding my breath.

Also, he was staying at a public resort? I know that nothing should surprise me, but that is pretty sloppy.

He was there -- we have no proof he was an overnight guest, either in his own room or staying in someone else's.

It's good to gather evidence, but you have to get it right. We're getting sloppy and letting assumptions & conjecture turn into facts.

Because their funding comes exclusively from their clients, private rehabs such as GreeneStone tend to be much more flexible in their rules than those funded by OHIP or churches/charities (beggars can't be choosers). At my NA home group I ran into someone who was at GS with Ford, and he confirmed this; he told me that GS has a "great program" but attendance at lectures, groups etc. is entirely voluntary. This, of course, is the exact opposite of what Ford needs. BTW I also heard that Ford checked out CAMH and Homewood before settling on GS -- no surprise there, as those rehabs are definitely stricter (especially Homewood).

Also, regarding that "great program" comment: I think it's pretty obvious that Ford's need for people to take photos of him is a manifestation of his addiction, and I would think that any good rehab would see, and challenge, that. As for visiting bars (even if not drinking)? At Homewood that was grounds for discharge.

Fun fact: A patient I'm working with was at GS some years ago. Back then it costs $50,000 for a 55 day program.

You're right. He bounced from Homewood and CAMH before settling at Greenstone because the first two were too strict!

It's good to gather evidence, but you have to get it right. We're getting sloppy and letting assumptions & conjecture turn into facts.

Agreed. If he was staying there, you'd think there would be selfies across multiple dates. I think it's more likely that the original tweeter used the word "staying" incorrectly, and he was just there for lunch/dinner.

Dale confirms. :)

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 4m
Toronto Star investigative chief Kevin Donovan is now on Twitter at @_kevindonovan.

Daniel Dale (or Jimmi T ;) ) needs to tell him to 1) get verified; and 2) when you start your tweet with @ it's a reply not a tweet, so put a period in front of it.

I think some of this handwringing about Ford at Windemere is a bit over the top.

I know from my own rehab experience weekends are free to do as you see fit as long as you aren't using.

It's highly questionable though that he's so accommodating with the selfies. I suspect he's not really addressing his real problem, low self esteem, hence the need to be seen and photoed as if he were a celebrity rather than a pathetic drug addict/alcoholic.

That saying "A man is known by the company he keeps" shows Ford still hasn't got a clue, hanging with McRobb, a known town drunken tramp suggests he's still in the gutter and has so little self awareness that this will eventually bite him in the ass, as has his past association with petty crooks, drug dealers, wife beaters, gangbangers, crackheads etc.

I suspect his first relapse will occur in the quiet confines of his adorable crack/smack addled sister's basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back