News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incidentally, in one on-line discussion I came across a perfect Ford Nation answer to Obama birther or 9/11 truther arguments: a claim that there was a cover-up, that RoFo wasn't the only person on council not to stand on behalf of Pride (or did the person mean the only person there, period? If so, how inept can you get...)

For those that still care about tomedic99, he/she's holding forth on reddit (it's the heavily down-voted comment at the bottom of the thread).

Here's where this nugget of popular quantification began, apparently. Lest we forget, these are former Bush supporters chatting. We here will figure this out soon enough. Here's hoping!

Glass half-full says a 27% ceiling on Ford Nation. Glass half-empty says that any viable contender has a 27% floor for support or forget it.

Watch the movie Amalie. That is the origin. Amalie, who has a troubled relationship with her father, torments him by stealing his garden gnome and then having a friend carry it around the world and send back photos.

Amélie (French: Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain (French pronunciation: ​[lə.fa.by.lø.dɛs.tɛ̃.da.me.li.puˈlɛ̃]); The Fabulous Destiny of Amélie Poulain) is a 2001 romantic comedy film directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet. Written by Jeunet with Guillaume Laurant, the film is a whimsical depiction of contemporary Parisian life, set in Montmartre. It tells the story of a shy waitress, played by Audrey Tautou, who decides to change the lives of those around her for the better, while struggling with her own isolation. The film was an international co-production between companies in France and Germany. Grossing over $33 million in limited theatrical release, it is still the highest-grossing French-language film released in the United States.[SUP][4] ...

[/SUP]The film met with critical acclaim and was a major box-office success. Amélie won Best Film at the European Film Awards; it won four César Awards (including Best Film and Best Director), two BAFTA Awards (including Best Original Screenplay), and was nominated for five Academy Awards. A Broadway adaptation is in development.[SUP][5]

[/SUP]
Amélie secretly executes complex schemes that affect the lives of those around her. ... She persuades her father to follow his dream of touring the world by stealing his
garden gnome and having a flight attendant friend airmail pictures of it posing with landmarks from all over the world.

I think the gnome prank pre-dates that movie by at least a decade. I know I'd seen stories about people doing it long before Amelie.

I’m encouraged that so many posters think that the selfies and Kardashian crew won’t amount to much in voter support. So now what about the “25% support†factor, visibly Ford Nation or not?

This streak of nastiness is a bit of concern. Yes, AFAIK, about 25% of the population has IQs of less than 90. But correlation doesn’t equal causation.
Yes Chow=notFord and Tory=notChow+notFord(maybe), but that’s not the same thing either.

I’ve always believed that while Toronto has a certain politeness, which includes a slight standoffish-but-sincere quality, the potential for divisive nastiness has been there for a long time. Toronto wants to be New York, is expensive and has just as much attitude as New York; it just displays it differently.

From other peoples’ experiences living in other cities, is this 25% Neanderthal Nasty segment unique to Toronto? Or do you think other cities possess a similar sort of population segment?

Every place has it, but not every city has a moronic monster politician for them to rally around---at least not one that actually gets into office.

Rob Ford does not use the term GAAAAAYS. He uses the term "faggot". (which is how he referred to Justin Trudeau)

Nope; sorry. As a gay man, I was highly offended by his tone of voice in the March 5th rant when he said Hudaaacckhh had lost his support because Timmy agreed with the "gaaaaays" about the rainbow flag & Sochi issue. It was a sneering tone of total disdain. Every non-straight person who heard him was disgusted and offended.

I'm a 50+ straight guy. Rob losing his shit over Hudak, the flag, and Sochi, his past stupid losses of shit over the same flag, serial evasion of Pride events, and sit-down strike against applauding the World Pride effort are very near the top of my list about what is offensive about Rob Ford's present occupation of the office of Mayor of Toronto.

I and a lot of people my age feel guilt about what we could have and didn't do for LGBT rights and quality of life in the '80s and '90s. It's a great thing that younger generations are mostly much better in this regard. To have a person who's like the meanest, stupidest homophobe from my high school in the 70's, having learned zero since then, as mayor of any municipality anywhere, is intolerable.

Stoobie is totally right: Gay, said with the wrong tone of voice, is still a terrible slur, and it's worse when it's wrapped up in layers and layers of toxic bullshit.

View attachment 29770

I can re-order the slurs to suit the occasion -- perhaps "pakis" should be first for the Tamil event someone mentioned?

Custom orders processed at no charge :)

That's excellent, both verbally and visually!

But you're not going to win on UT. By the time we're done being all-inclusive on your list of slurs, you're going to need a vanishingly small font ... :p

protest sign ideas

ford up with the lies!

toronto has been robbed!

We can't afford four more years

he robbed the cookie jar

Edit: forum stripped out my caps. The below are more effective when YELLED IN ALL CAPS.

lying is not a disease

known to police

biggest racist around

disgusting disgraceful dishonourable

ford funds gun runners

rob ford hates you

ford aiding and abetting criminals

ford: More than enough

go back to chicago doug

and bring your brother with you

1-800-222-TIPS cash reward

Last edited: