News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

2485652088_c75bfb9c6e.jpg

2485652356_1e5b3d7114.jpg

When the other side of lights are turn on, it will be very bight and have no problem seeing the road. Same for the sidewalks.

Seem them on and it was bright.

Wow, that's a lot deeper than I expected.

If they can fit a double-decker GO bus under there, would they be able to run them into the Union Station bus terminal? As far as I can tell, that's precluded by having to make a left off Bay, if the bus goes north under the overpass, then goes over to Bay via Front Street.

Thanks Toronto - West...heres one of my own from two nights ago...

2496566252_b9764ed997.jpg

oh crap, light at the end of the tunnel. am i dieing? oh wait, it's just the simcoe street underpass.

phewww..

I like this project. Why? Because it helps complete the street grid. And I like nice straight complete lines on a map. I'm a little anal that way.

May 25-08

I see why the hole was so deep for Simcoe St underpass as they are putting in a sewer line. it is a square box.

Caissons have been drill up to Front St now and the road will be dug up to get this sewer line north.

I wish someone would was the windows as well replace some of the windows for the walkway.

2522017257_93cfcee485_b.jpg

2522015385_5474e5585c_b.jpg

I like this project. Why? Because it helps complete the street grid. And I like nice straight complete lines on a map. I'm a little anal that way.

Also, think of how much less invasive this project is compared to widening an adjacent road or building a new one entirely in order to obtain the same reduction in gridlock. Projects like this one and the elimination of the Dufferin jog are the way to go.

Would it be advantageous to do the same for Church St? If it were to go under the rail corridor, it would connect with Cooper Street on the other end and terminate at Queens Quay.

They would've done it, had those municipal clods not approved that combo apartment/parking garage at the foot of Church back in the 80s...

For a possible Church St extension, I think the Gardiner ramps would be an issue. making an intersection with Lake Shore impossible.

Drum 118 says: " I wish someone would was[h]the windows as well replace some of the windows for the walkway."

QUESTION; Who owns the Walkway - from Union Station to Convention Centre to near CN Tower? It DOES need some tidying up as it has leaks in several places and the windows are in poor shape, and dirty too! Is it City property or ???

Back