What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I seem to get hit with their ad on Facebook regularly. And it always shows the rendering of both tall towers, if that means much

I feel like this is just a typo?
See….thats what I thought too! Just another typical case of Brutal journalism writing? Or are they actually going to showcase the 13 storey link? The fact that they used “1,100 units…..,” seems odd…..for the entire project yeah but not for this particular phase. You’d figure the folks at BILD would be more careful with their wording?

See….thats what I thought too! Just another typical case of Brutal journalism writing? Or are they actually going to showcase the 13 storey link? The fact that they used “1,100 units…..,” seems odd…..for the entire project yeah but not for this particular phase. You’d figure the folks at BILD would be more careful with their wording?
You’d be surprised. I’m shocked how often at city engagement sessions or even industry things there are people who “should” be in the know and often are unaware of things.

At the Wihkwentowin renewal engagement, almost no one there knew about what had been done for the Calder commercial strip in their renewal, or knew about the bike plan 100mil rollout details of routes, or knew about how protected bike intersections worked. I literally showed a pic of one in Victoria and Ottawa to a girl explaining the 112st bikeway vs bike lane section and she was like “oh cool, haven’t seen those before”

…and we wonder how crap like 105ave gets built haha.

You’d be surprised. I’m shocked how often at city engagement sessions or even industry things there are people who “should” be in the know and often are unaware of things.

At the Wihkwentowin renewal engagement, almost no one there knew about what had been done for the Calder commercial strip in their renewal, or knew about the bike plan 100mil rollout details of routes, or knew about how protected bike intersections worked. I literally showed a pic of one in Victoria and Ottawa to a girl explaining the 112st bikeway vs bike lane section and she was like “oh cool, haven’t seen those before”

…and we wonder how crap like 105ave gets built haha.
Absolutely! I think the city has different contractors for different areas... I asked them about the Renewal of 81 Ave saying that something like that would look very good in the Oliver Exchange area instead of whatever weird thing they were proposing, and the guy was totally lost.

Absolutely! I think the city has different contractors for different areas... I asked them about the Renewal of 81 Ave saying that something like that would look very good in the Oliver Exchange area instead of whatever weird thing they were proposing, and the guy was totally lost.

If I were you I would have demanded his resignation on the spot.

This pic is from a real estate listing that I had to share - a perspective we don't often get of the downtown.

Screenshot_20240827_214523_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sept 2024 vs Sept 2023

IMG_6905.jpeg
IMG_5156.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5158.jpeg
    IMG_5158.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6931.jpeg
    IMG_6931.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 11

Back