News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Not really, the bottom two lines are for instances they might have a station with descenders. Kippling comes to mind.

It would however be more difficult to read.

Oh I see what you mean about the descenders. But I'm not sure why capitals would be harder to read, I mean they're easy to read on the buses, and I have pretty bad eyesight... Although I'm sure there are studies proving that.

Oh I see what you mean about the descenders. But I'm not sure why capitals would be harder to read, I mean they're easy to read on the buses, and I have pretty bad eyesight... Although I'm sure there are studies proving that.

The variability of the shapes formed by mixed case are more quickly identifyied then the blockiness of all caps.
I would think with the type of display they are using that it would result in a particularly blocky rendering.

Why wasn't the subway running under its own power?

This from a CPTDB member who is an operator for the TTC:
rocketdriver2019 said:
While the train control will be relatively the same, it's the disablements that are radically different. The TTC refuses (rightly so) to allow a train to move under it's own power on-property unless someone is trained on the disablements should something go wrong.

I have always found mixed case digital readouts harder to read than all caps. On signs I find the opposite. The problem is that most digital readouts have crappy looking lowercase letters, often without allowance for g's j's and y's to go below the line.

TorRocketP1190511.jpg

It looks like they have thinner insulation (same or better R-value) allowing for a wider interior. As well, only a single large window between the doors. I did like the back-lit advertising on the older cars, but it has been replaced by separate lighting fixtures and advertising on the new cars. Wonder if they will use diatomaceous earth to control the little pests that are in the news recently.

Naturally the Sofa King copies the Art Eggleton 'stand close to the blonde' pose.

It's good to see the new trains were sexy enough for Lisa Rait to show up. She even wore her best studded leather blouse!

As I saw someone else say, I am glad to finally see the inside of the real thing - not just mock ups. Delighted to see the LED (?) TV screens. Does anybody know how many TV screens per car there are? In "Mark's" video (if Mark created it) I could see inside the moving train's windows - that each car seemed to have 2 TVs on one side. Does that mean there are 4 per car (i.e. 2 on each side)?

Kills bedbugs and if swallowed maybe hazardous to your pinworms and tapeworms.

It doesn't cut exoskeletons. It is extremely effective at absorbing water, small insects such as bedbugs and cockroaches who walk over diatomaceous earth get very violently dehydrated and that's what kills them. It is not nearly effective enough to cause dehydration by 'breathing it in' or coming into contact with it for I'd imagine any mammal. As a matter of fact breathing it in would likely be completely unnoticeable aside from the general reaction to breathing in any dust. The mucous conveyor will simply bring it back up and dispose of it, with everything else, into your stomach.

Nice video Mark

Do I see another sleeping cab driver at 2:54?

He is STAFF and we never sleep while on duty! ;)

I wonder if they are the most comfortable seats, and since they're going on the Yonge Line maybe the seats and the poles should be yellow. Like how the H6's doors and seats should have been green.

Back