News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Toronto has traditionally been very red. Trudeau hasn't fallen on his face yet so this could be a sign of the anti PC vote coalescing.

Yup, that's essentially what I'm waiting for. I'll vote either NDP or Liberal, depending on which is in the better position to crush the Conservatives next month.

Yup, that's essentially what I'm waiting for. I'll vote either NDP or Liberal, depending on which is in the better position to crush the Conservatives next month.

It depends on your riding though. So far I prefer the NDP, but in the riding where I live (York Centre) they don't stand a chance. Thus the Liberal candidate is the only glimmer of hope for defeating the current conservative MP in this riding.

It depends on your riding though. So far I prefer the NDP, but in the riding where I live (York Centre) they don't stand a chance. Thus the Liberal candidate is the only glimmer of hope for defeating the current conservative MP in this riding.
Apparently they moved me over from St. Pauls to Don Valley West without my knowing. I don't like that, I'll still consider the St. Pauls candidate as my representative even if I must vote in Don Valley West.

That being said, NDP doesn't have much of a chance there either. Rob Oliphant of Liberals it is?

I'm starting to sweat.....what in blazes am I going to do about my reticence to spend money in ridings that elect an MP from a party that voted for C-51 if all of Toronto goes Liberal? Come on Davenport, Parkdale--High Park, Toronto Centre, Spadina--Fort York, and University--Rosedale...do me a favour....the rest of Toronto can do what they want, I have an international airport here so I can skip the C-51ers on my way out.

Sorry, I must have been typing too fast. That said, some of the 905 seats could very well flip too.

The area east of Mount Pleasant was moved to DVW in the redistribution.
I don't understand this gerrymandering, the Conservatives lose out on this one and Carmichael is in serious threat of losing his seat.

DVW is a Conservative-controlled riding that has just enough Conservative voters to reach a plurality federally. This border redrawing gives the Liberals a strong plurality.

I am not going to complain about one less Conservative-controlled riding in Toronto, though I greatly dislike the change. I've always thought of the area as St. Pauls and strongly identify with the rest of St. Pauls riding - not so much with the folks of Lawrence Park, Thorncliffe, Don Mills... People from Leaside I can stomache. :p

I don't understand this gerrymandering, the Conservatives lose out on this one and Carmichael is in serious threat of losing his seat.

DVW is a Conservative-controlled riding that has just enough Conservative voters to reach a plurality federally. This border redrawing gives the Liberals a strong plurality.

I am not going to complain about one less Conservative-controlled riding in Toronto, though I greatly dislike the change. I've always thought of the area as St. Pauls and strongly identify with the rest of St. Pauls riding - not so much with the folks of Lawrence Park, Thorncliffe, Don Mills... People from Leaside I can stomache. :p

Actually, you're overlooking the fact that it's not the *only* rejig to DVW. Because the loss of Flemingdon Park to DVE tips this back to the Conservatives...

Actually, you're overlooking the fact that it's not the *only* rejig to DVW. Because the loss of Flemingdon Park to DVE tips this back to the Conservatives...
I did overlook that.

I wonder how much of an impact that should have. Flemingdon Park is not as big as Thorncliffe Park, and it is a demographics that typically doesn't vote. (And would provide just as many conservative or NDP votes as Liberals)

Back