News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I'm starting to sweat.....what in blazes am I going to do about my reticence to spend money in ridings that elect an MP from a party that voted for C-51 if all of Toronto goes Liberal? Come on Davenport, Parkdale--High Park, Toronto Centre, Spadina--Fort York, and University--Rosedale...do me a favour....the rest of Toronto can do what they want, I have an international airport here so I can skip the C-51ers on my way out.

Davenport should be an easy hold for Andrew Cash. And Peggy Nash remains popular in Parkdale-High Park - I don't know why the Liberals are trying so hard there. The Downtown ridings (Toronto Centre, Spadina-Fort York and University-Rosedale) are all very close - I'm not making any predictions for those three right now.

I'm starting to sweat.....what in blazes am I going to do about my reticence to spend money in ridings that elect an MP from a party that voted for C-51 if all of Toronto goes Liberal? Come on Davenport, Parkdale--High Park, Toronto Centre, Spadina--Fort York, and University--Rosedale...do me a favour....the rest of Toronto can do what they want, I have an international airport here so I can skip the C-51ers on my way out.
Stop being over dramatic and realize how an MP gets elected is far more nuanced than you think?

Andrea thought it was safe too.
Horwath was a folksy Hamiltonian with a bread and butter platform that didn't appeal to the Annex and Beach chattering classes. Mulcair and the federal NDP speak to urban sensibilities much more effectively.

I did overlook that.

I wonder how much of an impact that should have. Flemingdon Park is not as big as Thorncliffe Park, and it is a demographics that typically doesn't vote. (And would provide just as many conservative or NDP votes as Liberals)

But those who *do* vote, have voted overwhelmingly Liberal--even those who might, in other circumstances, be NDP-inclined. (Yes, "strategic voting" existed long before it became a "decreed thing".)

Though yeah, the Wynford-land condos add more Con-friendly balance.

And conversely, don't read *too* much into the ex-St. Paul's section numbers--being mostly single-family middle-class in that classic North Toronto way, it's the antithesis of Flemingdon and as such, a lot more inherently Con-friendly. To John Carmichael's crew, that'd make it more opportunity than obstacle.

Another look at the Spadina Fort-York riding:

http://www.mainstreetresearch.ca/spadina-fort-york/

Mainstreet previously polled Spadina—Fort York – before Olivia Chow formally announced her candidacy. The previous poll, conducted June 27th, found Chow at 36% (Now 34%, -2%) and Vaughan at 30% (no change) among all voters. The change for Chow is within the poll’s margin of error. The Conservatives are down 2% to 10%, the Greens down 2% to 3% and Undecided voters have jumped to 23% from 17% (+6%).

And conversely, don't read *too* much into the ex-St. Paul's section numbers--being mostly single-family middle-class in that classic North Toronto way, it's the antithesis of Flemingdon and as such, a lot more inherently Con-friendly. To John Carmichael's crew, that'd make it more opportunity than obstacle.
This area is irrationally pro-Liberal just as other areas are irrationally pro-Conservative. Many people here have voted Liberals every election of their life.

This area is irrationally pro-Liberal just as other areas are irrationally pro-Conservative. Many people here have voted Liberals every election of their life.

Many, but not all. If anything, it's more on the Blue Liberal/Red Tory borderline--if it seems "irrationally pro-Liberal" these days, it's due to the de facto demise of Red Toryism (but even so, it's overwhelmingly "John Tory Liberal", municipally speaking)

Oh, and in 2011 when it was still in St. Paul's, that DVW section was just over 45% Liberal, 31% Con, 18% NDP. (Riding-wise, Bennett got 40.6% vs the Cons' 32.4% and the NDP's 22%.)

Do make remarks against all religions? Do you make racist statements too?

or do you restrict yourself to anti-Semitism ?

Back