Glad to see some discussion about the type of glazing being used, given that residential window-wall systems do not perform to the same degree that a curtain-wall system does, although they are not made equal.

I also agree that the tower mostly has its own language which is separate from the podium, which is a shame since the podium is the stronger and more dynamic part of the project.

I'm surprised the panel was so supportive of the crown of the tower; I still have my doubts about it. Though to be honest, that opinion may be influenced by the fact that I find the tower's overall shape to be clunky and rather strange. I'm very worried about the glazing and pre-cast used on the tower, but glad to hear that along some elevations, commercial-grade curtain-wall is being used.

The parking lot is closing December 1st according to my newsletter from Car2Go.

"REMINDER: Due to the delay of construction at 10 York St. we have been able to re-open the lot until November 30[SUP]th[/SUP]. After November 30[SUP]th[/SUP], we are sorry to announce that this lot will be closed to the public and members will no longer be able to start and end trips at 10 York St. Please use the car2go designated car2go lots, 45 Bay St or 40 York St."

The parking lot is closing December 1st according to my newsletter from Car2Go.

"REMINDER: Due to the delay of construction at 10 York St. we have been able to re-open the lot until November 30[SUP]th[/SUP]. After November 30[SUP]th[/SUP], we are sorry to announce that this lot will be closed to the public and members will no longer be able to start and end trips at 10 York St. Please use the car2go designated car2go lots, 45 Bay St or 40 York St."

Great news

Crazy to think 8 years ago Southcore WAS one giant parking lot.

I just really hope Tridel comes with quality here. More Hullmark, less 300 Front Street.

I am pretty confident Tridel will take a big advantage of the prime location and build something stunning

Crazy to think 8 years ago Southcore WAS one giant parking lot.

I just really hope Tridel comes with quality here. More Hullmark, less 300 Front Street.

50% of the facades are sold, and 50% transparent?!? OMG, this is going to be a beast of spandrel!

Back