News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Which transit plan do you prefer?

• Transit City

Votes: 95 79.2%
  • Ford City

Votes: 25 20.8%

• Total voters
CC has already stated in another thread that for some reason he finds anyone using English spelling of English or English pronunciation of words to be snobby. Perhaps Tennessee pronunciation is to lowly, English pronunciation to elitist, and CC's pronunciation just right. Like his transit views. Get on board his line of thought despite the lack of logical rationale or prepare to be ridiculed.

CC has already stated in another thread that for some reason he finds anyone using English spelling of English or English pronunciation of words to be snobby. Perhaps Tennessee pronunciation is to lowly, English pronunciation to elitist, and CC's pronunciation just right. Like his transit views. Get on board his line of thought despite the lack of logical rationale or prepare to be ridiculed.

I think the word you're looking for is "British" spelling and "British" pronunciations. Saying "English English" is pretty ridiculous. We don't live in England or Britain. We don't use the British spelling of tires here.

After being busy for a few days and finally getting around to catching up on some threads, THIS is what I read? Really? Has the debate become so stale that the spelling of "tire" has become a hot-button issue? Hahaha. Oh jeez... I feel some "tire" vs "tyre" camps brewing, with each of them claiming that their view is superior, and that their spelling should be implemented everywhere, at the expense of the other group's stupid way to spell the word.

This place can be difficult to read at times. This board has had its fair share of moronic bickering: eg. It's a subway! NO! It isn't because it isn't one! Or how about the ugly episode when people were taking issue with using the word "modern" to describe our new streetcars. :rolleyes: The other boards aren't much better with certain individuals (cough) taking issue with the pronunciation of words like lieutenant or even better, the endless debates on the projects board (IT'S A BOX! NO IT ISN'T RAWR!!! IT IS)

Last edited:
We don't live in England or Britain. We don't use the British spelling of tires here.

ya! take your "tyres" and roll back to britannia you english muffins! there's no room for your kind here! stop corrupting our pure language! we don't tolerate you!

;)

You just had to say something when it's none of your business.

Oh I'm sorry the last 3 pages of blithering stupidity over the spelling of a word was totally everyone else's business but my own. Humble apologizes sire for I dared cross you.

The three of you are being children over a non issue. Here's an idea, ignore it and let's move on to the topic at hand!

Geezus christ, Go and talk to CC about it. He is obsessed with North American, and British spelling. Everyone(including myself) agree it's a non-issue. Why you even quoted me in the first place, I do not know. Do not quote me again on this issue, it's over!

Oh I'm sorry the last 3 pages of blithering stupidity over the spelling of a word was totally everyone else's business but my own. Humble apologizes sire for I dared cross you.

The three of you are being children over a non issue. Here's an idea, ignore it and let's move on to the topic at hand!

Get a clue and drink a warm cup of....

You keep fueling this nonsense!

Bullocks, transit city is convoluted. It has some elements that are okay. And then it has some insanity.

Overall it is something designed for naive narrow thinking masses.

Bullocks, transit city is convoluted. It has some elements that are okay. And then it has some insanity.
Insanit. That's pretty strong.

Are you one of that Ford followers who wants to cancel the subway under Eglinton and instead build 2 subways in Scarborough?

No, the plan simply has some okay things with much insanity tossed in.

My personal opinino - extend sheppard, and build eglinton west as planned in the 1990s.

No, the plan simply has some okay things with much insanity tossed in.

My personal opinino - extend sheppard, and build eglinton west as planned in the 1990s.

You would rather have 4 km of the original Eglinton West heavy rail subway (Black Creek to Allen) vs the 19 km of the Eglinton Crosstown LRT (Jane to Kennedy Station)? With plans for more. You would rather have 15 km less rapid transit as a start?

Back