News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

and since there hadn't been a station for 4 km, and nobody would build a metro system with that type of gap.
Haha
Interesting, because usually when rapid transit is proposed through the valley it takes the Leaside rail corridor. I like the Gatineau Corridor on your map better because it allows for stops at Thorncliffe and Flemingdon Park, dense priority neighbourhoods. The line also allows for potential interchanges with the Relief Line at both stops.

Ultimately, I don't see the Castle Frank problem to be too large when you consider the Relief Line's ability to interchange with both your proposed line and Line 2. Transit uses of this line or elsewhere in Scarborough with destinations along Line 2 simply adjust their commute pattern as needed.
I was thinking of likely 1 interchange with the DRL. Either at Throncliffe, it a route close to Overlea is chosen*, or another DRL station for Flemindon** for the interchange if a more southerly route is taken through Throncliffe.

* - I am assuming that with Presto the concept of a fair paid zone has little meaning, and this is acutally a transfer through the mall.
** - I am still a bit undecided about this station, which is also Science Centre South, since the Eglinton (Science Centre) station is not that far away.
Scar Line 2.jpg

Attachments

• Scar Line 2.jpg
    Scar Line 2.jpg
    897.8 KB · Views: 384
The Kitchener Line should be further extended west to The Boardwalk (West End of K-W, huge residential area that would see a lot of usage), and maybe further into Stratford. Also, it would be cool if there was a west end line between Kitchener and Hamilton.

The Kitchener Line should be further extended west to The Boardwalk (West End of K-W, huge residential area that would see a lot of usage), and maybe further into Stratford. Also, it would be cool if there was a west end line between Kitchener and Hamilton.

I am beginning to wonder if GO really needs to start running rail further than just the normal GTA. Places like London, Windsor, Kingston, Ottawa, and even some parts of Norther Ontario (Thunder Bay, Sudbury) could use commuter rail.

I am beginning to wonder if GO really needs to start running rail further than just the normal GTA. Places like London, Windsor, Kingston, Ottawa, and even some parts of Norther Ontario (Thunder Bay, Sudbury) could use commuter rail.

it reminds me of a NJ transit type thing.

If you really look at the map, you notice that the west end of Toronto is underserved. In particular, if you want to go north and south, there is no rapid transit corridor on anyone’s radar screen that gets you from the lakeshore to the airport.
Kipling LRT?

Back