News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I am beginning to wonder if GO really needs to start running rail further than just the normal GTA. Places like London, Windsor, Kingston, Ottawa, and even some parts of Norther Ontario (Thunder Bay, Sudbury) could use commuter rail.

Start by making hamilton a second hub, and building service around it as a destination rather than an origin. Then we can talk about service in London etc

laHKiYL.jpg

Here is a map I tossed together quite fast. This is what I think is a realistic future TTC subway/LRT map within the next 20 - 30 years.

Two map related questions:

What is going to happen with the overdoor maps when Eglinton opens? Eglinton West and Eglinton frustratingly don't line up horizontally so what do we expect the map to look like?

I was recently planning a more full GTA transit map with some integrated RER and soon to be or under construction projects upon further consideration I think I'm going to expand that to a full Southern Ontario high order transit maps, I want to have the following on one (geography abusing) tube style map (TTC, Line 7, Line 5, ROW Streetcar, GO Lines, UP, Missasauga Transitway, Missasauga LRT, Viva, Hamilton LRT, ION)
Looks like this.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/96/TTC_system_map_2023_upd.svg

They should really have the underground portion of the Eglinton Crosstown LRT (Even to Don Mills) marked with a thick line, as a subway.
Good idea. That was not official. Look at the link where it's from.

This is somewhat more official in that it came from a TTC link. Have a look at the map on page 5.

They missed marking Mount Dennis as inter-modal (GO Kitchener and UPX). I believe that it should appear like Caledonia.

https://ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Commis...Routes_in_Eglinton_Corridor_for_Line_5_Ra.pdf

Last edited:
Again though I'm referring to the overdoor map on the subway trains with the lights, not the system map. Which better also show Line 5.
We don't know whether or not the Toronto Rocket 2 trains with have a different map light setup yet, but I assume it will with accommodations for the Relief Line. However, regarding the Eglinton Crosstown and Eglinton East/West, it will probably just be an orange line with no lights at non-interchange stations, but still indicating stations/stops.

Nothing official yet.

Oh so no doors though?

For real though my hope is they have station displays that list the next few stations plus the terminal like NYC's trains and maybe screens like Montreal or Tokyo's trains. Will remove the need for light up maps that work on a small system but not for our future system.
How about something so daring (*gasp*) as an LED panel? Lordy - how modern. Surely it will arrive before the Rocket Two trains.

if ur doing the mississauga transitway, show where the routes go after they leave the brt row (107 to humber connecting to finch west, 109 to kipling etc.) I would show them with a thinner line than the actual transitway, which could represent grade seperation and more frequent services. aside from that goood luck

loool you do an awful lot of planning before u make the actual map, I usually vizualize how i want it to look (lines ill include, design principles) and get right to it

While I'm not going to do that now I plan on adding ottawa and their network later so perhaps then. Anyways I have now reduced the angles and changed the scaling (the final plan will compress long stretches on go line to fit a smaller area and expand ion and hamilton to better show their networks): https://imgur.com/gallery/qgYRt. Next up Vectors!

Your Milton Line is incorrect. It doesnt parallel the Bloor line, it curves up and then back down.

Back