News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Even though I think it wierd that it seem to be combination schematic/geographic map, I think it is amazing that Yllianos made his map with Photoshop. Perhaps the Elements version I used is missing a lot of features for drawing.

Well to each their own. I'm not criticizing anyone for using anything else, so long as it gets the job done. Maybe I'm the fool for using PhotoShop when there are way better tools to use out there like Illustrator and Elements.

But thank you doady, it was a labour of love.

Well to each their own. I'm not criticizing anyone for using anything else, so long as it gets the job done. Maybe I'm the fool for using PhotoShop when there are way better tools to use out there like Illustrator and Elements.

I thought Photoshop Elements was just a lesser version of Photoshop, but I am confused now.

Elements is a lesser version of photoshop. I use CS3. I can't remember exactly but I think elements is missing the stroke path function, (which basically paints a line on all active paths with whatever tool you want using, eraser, pencil, smudge ect. using the settings you last used) along with many others.

Yillanos is confused.:eek:

[edit]Personally, I like flash because even though layers can be more annoying, the lines shape is much easier to edit and it is also easier to create symbols (or objects as guess they're called in the rest of adobe land) and snapping is also much easier. I could probably do the same stuff in illustrator, but i haven't bothered to learn yet.

Last edited:
3299773388_69dcacfc74_b.jpg

My subway map with DRL added for extra fullness.

I would vote off Yonge and Sherbourne on the eastern portions of your DRL. Jarvis and Parliament are enough in those areas.

I would vote off Yonge and Sherbourne on the eastern portions of your DRL. Jarvis and Parliament are enough in those areas.

Maybe. But I chose to err on the side of too many stations rather than too few.

Doesn't that kinda defeat the point of the DRL though....

Nevertheless, nice map!

No I don't think so. It's purpose is to give people an alternative to Yonge-Bloor. Not to make things as fast as GO transit, since obviously GO currently isn't attracting enough people to make enough of a difference.

That said, I'd be up for losing a couple stations on that lower section just to make it look prettier/less crowded.

No I don't think so. It's purpose is to give people an alternative to Yonge-Bloor. Not to make things as fast as GO transit, since obviously GO currently isn't attracting enough people to make enough of a difference.

That said, I'd be up for losing a couple stations on that lower section just to make it look prettier/less crowded.

We can build the line without the stations BUT adding stations which were not considered during the tunnel design is virtually impossible due to grade and track curviture requirements.

If DRL gets built, I encourage building the tunnel for stations every 500m BUT building the actual line with stations every 2km.

50 to 100 years out there is a good chance demand will exist for many of the additional stops but realigning the tunnel will not be easy.

Sorry, I just don't think the people that pay the bills are going to pay for a line that has only maybe 2 stops between Bloor and downtown. Too few constituents supporting it at that point.

I don't think the people paying for things, are going to pay for anything connecting Bloor to downtown right now. I think they are only going to pay for the Danforth to downtown connection.

^^ Not all that impressive if one considers that more than half of it's comprised of only surface light-rail lines.

Back