News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Just thought I'd share this photo I snapped a week or so ago.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 613
Happy New Year?

(I don't normally condone pushing people on to subway tracks, but...)

Considering the amount of mess he already made, one wonder. Getting him to walk the third rail after it's been soaked might be a more umm, interesting punishment, though I doubt he managed to reach that far even in his dire straits.

AoD

What’s on Toronto’s transit horizon in 2015?

Read More: http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/tra...w_but_steady_service_improvement_in_2015.html

The New Year has kicked off with a new gridlock-fighting mayor in Toronto and billions of dollars on the books in transit improvements for the region. The TTC has already launched a minor milestone by offering debit and credit payments at all 69 subway stations for purchases of $10 and more. Metrolinx has introduced an additional trip in the morning and evening on the busy Milton GO line.

- Those are the kind of incremental service improvements both transit agencies say riders can expect as they wait years for the completion of mega-projects such as electrified GO regional express rail, the Eglinton Crosstown LRT, the Spadina subway extension and the signal modernization of the Yonge subway. --- "The regional express rail program is a game changer, and the best part is people won’t have to wait 10 years to see progress. New services will be added each year," said Metrolinx spokeswoman Anne Marie Aikins.

Here's a list of some of transit developments riders can expect to see in 2015:

- The $456 million Union Pearson (UP) Express train wasn't designed for commuters. But it's the marquee project on the horizon. Metrolinx is playing coy about the exact opening date, but it will be up and running in time for the Pan and Para Pan Am Games this summer. Even some of the steeper discounts on the $27.50 one-way train fare put the cost well above the TTC's Airport Rocket bus. But the trip time of 25 minutes from downtown to the airport will be unbeatable.

-The west end of the Union Station renovation, the York GO concourse, is expected to open early this year, once the departure screens and Presto fare machines are installed. Its originally scheduled 2014 opening was delayed due to a late handover by the city, according to Metrolinx. As soon as the York side of the station opens, the commuter pain shifts east with the closure of the Bay St. GO customer area. The Bay teamways will remain open to allow riders to enter and exit the track area from the east end, however.

Metrolinx says it will be 2016 before the entire station renovation, including the train shed, is complete.

- The TTC expects to complete the renovation of its concourse at Union Station and to bring the University, Downsview-bound platform up to the same standard as the newly complete second platform by May. A glass art wall running the length of the station will also be installed this year.

- The Leslie Barns, a mammoth $500-million streetcar maintenance and storage facility on the corner of Leslie St. and Lake Shore Blvd. E., is expected to open in the second quarter of the year.

- The TTC will continue to roll out its new longer Bombardier streetcars. But due to delays in the delivery schedule, it's unclear how many will be in Toronto by the end of the year. The plan is to fully convert the Spadina line to the new cars this year — it needs 12, and so far only three are in operation. The TTC would also like to begin furnishing Bathurst with new vehicles this year.

- Presto will continue to infiltrate the TTC, expanding to 26 subway stations from 15 this year, according to Metrolinx. Presto machines will roll out on the surface with the new Spadina and Bathurst streetcars, to be followed by the Harbourfront and Dundas lines. Again, however, it's not clear whether there will be enough new vehicles for those lines this year.

- Around the region, riders will find MiWay bus service hours boosted by 3 per cent in Mississauga. Hamilton's new GO station on James St. North is also scheduled to open, with additional train service in time for the Pan Am Games.

Liberty Village getting chartered bus service to Union Station

Read More: http://www.cp24.com/news/liberty-village-getting-chartered-bus-service-to-union-station-1.2175440

A chartered bus service that seeks to provide Liberty Village residents with an alternative to the cramped confines of the King streetcar will resume operations later this month after staging a successful one-week trial this past fall.

Beginning on Jan. 19 residents will be able to take the Liberty Village Express from East Liberty and Pirandello streets to Union Station every weekday morning and then back at the end of the day for a cost that equates to about $4.50 a ride. The for-profit service was launched in an effort to provide a more reliable transit option to those living in the neighbourhood, according to co-founder Brett Chang.

“The tickets are going to be a bit more expensive than the TTC but we are guaranteeing you a seat and 100 per cent on-time performance,” Chang told CP24 on Tuesday. “It will be a lot more comfortable than the TTC I promise you that.”

Saw this going northbound around 1:30am at College, I think it was directly trailing the last northbound train, which passed as I transferred from bloor to southbound on yonge. Never saw this in person before, thought it was interesting. The train consisted of a single old H series with yellow striping on the side and the interior ripped out and replaced with maintenance gear, and this platformed maintenance car.

CWtcgic.jpg

Last edited:
You'll see that thing running around the system often if you're a night owl. I ran into it a few times in 2014. One time, just after midnight at Eglinton Station. I believe it was en route to help with track replacements just North of Eglinton.

You know when it's coming when you hear the distinctive humming of the H-series trains down the tunnel.

One of these days im gonna jump on that thing :)

Back