News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Wrong. It all connected. More so than the current plan, given there were more lines. Though hard to really see what difference there is, except a change from a 10 stop LRT to a 1-stop subway extension - which surely is a connectivity fail, given it doesn't cross north of the 401. Other than that, is there anything on the table that wasn't there under Miller? All SmartTrack is, is a handful more stations on the GO RER - most, if not all, had been talked about before.

Now that's just silly. Ford's transit plans were just wacko. Nothing on Eglinton. Nothing on Finch. But two subway lines to Scarborough Town Centre? Intelligent? No.

- Very good But was not a big booster for the "Priority Neighbourhoods" - Not good

Tory focused on Priority Neighbourhoods and Connectivity - Great, Someone got the message and has listened

Well, you could stop make up absurd lies.

Lies?
-Eglinton (SMLRT) was never getting funded under Miller. Ever. So don't even start to blame Ford for this. This one is on McGuinty.

Id also argue you are falsifying the argument giving credit to something Ford had little control of and Miller wasn't fighting for either. The line was very well received in Scarborough and arguably the most important next to the SCC line which Ford was fighting for. And there's a reason why both are back on the table. No lie

Connectivity
-Sheppard residents West of McCowan were pissed at the extra transfer. Not good connectivity and a big part of why its likely never going to happen. Bus-LRT-Stubway is not the same connectivity Bus-subway in the same stretch. More of an incontinence compared to today for too many residents.

-The RT has little support for many reasons. One big one is transferring one stop before the main Growth node in Scarborough. Very poor attention to connectivity

The connectivity was certainly poorly weighted in Millers plan and when you compare it to main nodes in other areas of the City and now 905. Its even worse optically. Ford used this for his gain. No Lie.

So where are the lies? Anything you don't agree with is a lie it seems. . You've yet to prove one lie and that's a strong word to accuse someone with for no reason

Last edited:
Lies?
-Eglinton (SMLRT) was never getting funded under Miller. Ever. So don't even start to blame Ford for this. This one is on McGuinty
What are you talking about? The Eglinton line was funded under Miller. Rob Ford's 2010 campaign eliminated it. Fortunately he had lied, as he didn't try and stop it when he got to office, and discovered he was powerless.

Sheppard residents West of McCowan were pissed at the extra transfer.
Absurd - I'm sure they are so much better taking the bus, and the long walk from the Don Mills bus platform to the subway.

The connectivity was certainly poorly weighted in Millers plan and when you compare it to main nodes in other areas of the City and now 905. Its even worse optically. Ford used this for his gain. No Lie.
I can't believe anyone would defend that wife-beating abusive bigot. Particularly with his absurd transit plan. Which did nothing for Etobicoke, and nothing for North York, and nothing for Toronto.

So where are the lies? Anything you don't agree with is a lie it seems. Just try to listen and be more open. You've yet to prove one lie and that's a strong word to accuse someone with for no reason
I said mistruths.

And you continue to utter them, with these bizarre stories. You weren't on this forum in 2010. Or even 2014. Your head is clearly deeply up your imagination, with these alternative facts of what happened back then.

What are you talking about? The Eglinton line was funded under Miller. Rob Ford's 2010 campaign eliminated it. Fortunately he had lied, as he didn't try and stop it when he got to office, and discovered he was powerless.

On this statement alone. Im done with you. :rolleyes:

Someone else please chime in and help this poor mislead soul out. Maybe someone that's been here awhile and actually knows something

As wrong as you are, I would never stoop so low to call you a liar. You are just very ill informed and extremely rude.

On this statement alone. Im done with you.
Because I've exposed your mistruth?

Here is Rob Ford's original 2010 plan. Do you see a line on Eglinton?
upload_2017-2-16_14-30-48.png

From his campaign video:

You are just very ill informed ...
Another mistruth.

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-16_14-30-48.png
    upload_2017-2-16_14-30-48.png
    147.2 KB · Views: 465
Because I've exposed your mistruth?

Here is Rob Ford's original 2010 plan. Do you see a line on Eglinton?
View attachment 99070

From his campaign video:

Another mistruth.

Never said Ford had an Eglinton line? You have already made it clear you have no idea what you are arguing. Now you are making things up. Please just stop

I tend to trust people like nfitz drum118 and WKLIS. I don't know if they have photographic memories or are complete nerds but either way they seem to remember the details quite well and they should be commended for it not attacked.

Never said Ford had an Eglinton line? You have already made it clear you have no idea what you are arguing. Now you are making things up. Please just stop
You said that Ford "focused on Connectivity in a more intelligent manner". Look at the plan. There's nothing to connect! Not to mention that Ford and his campaign team were so ignorant, they weren't aware that the Danforth line already went to Kennedy, Warden, and Victoria Park.

Let's talk future instead?
We can't talk about the future, as long as people are prepared to tell outlandish stories of the past, and keep trying to invent this anti-Scarborough bias that doesn't exist.

You said that Ford "focused on Connectivity in a more intelligent manner". Look at the plan. There's nothing to connect! Not to mention that Ford and his campaign team were so ignorant, they weren't aware that the Danforth line already went to Kennedy, Warden, and Victoria Park.

We can't talk about the future, as long as people are prepared to tell outlandish stories of the past, and keep trying to invent this anti-Scarborough bias that doesn't exist.

No seriously if you want to keep this act up Please show proof the SMLRT was funded?

You cant? I could show you otherwise. But this should be common knowledge, and certainly to someone who's been around a while as you say and also to someone so rude to argue such outlandish facts.

Please just stop. You are killing any reasonable debate with BS

Steve Munro - December 12th 2009
Scarborough-Malvern LRT

"The Environmental Project Report for this route has been completed, but there is no funding for this project."

Steve Munro - February 14th 2009
Scarborough-Malvern LRT

"With the planned extension of the SRT (likely as LRT) into Malvern, the “-Malvern” suffix is obsolete and this line will now end at a junction with the Sheppard LRT..."

Last edited:
No seriously if you want to keep this act up Please show proof the SMLRT was funded?
Scarborough-Malvern? I never said it was funded.

I said "nothing on Eglinton. Then I said Eglinton was funded . Line 5. Weston to Kennedy. Ford wanted to get rid of it.

Please just stop.

Scarborough-Malvern LRT

"The Environmental Project Report for this route has been completed, but there is no funding for this project."
Why the straw man? I never mentioned this line.

Please just stop. You are killing any reasonable debate with BS

Scarborough-Malvern LRT

Steve Munro - February 14th 2009
Scarborough-Malvern LRT

"With the planned extension of the SRT (likely as LRT) into Malvern, the “-Malvern” suffix is obsolete and this line will now end at a junction with the Sheppard LRT..."

Well look back and read.

You responded to the SMLRT comment by saying
"What are you talking about? The Eglinton line was funded under Miller. Rob Ford's 2010 campaign eliminated it. Fortunately he had lied, as he didn't try and stop it when he got to office, and discovered he was powerless."

In any event lets just stop, I haven't mentioned one lie, and you are very rude from the start whether there was a misunderstanding on your part later on or not.

Last edited:
Well look back and read.
Look back and read what? Ford's plan showed no line on Eglinton. And then you started going on about the SMLRT - which has no relation to anything I said.

That racist bigot was so stupid, that he didn't even include the Eglinton Line. With nothing for Etobicoke, nothing for Old Toronto, and precious little for North York.

And is still creates a transfer for anyone travelling to McCowan and Sheppard!

You responded to the SMLRT comment by saying
"What are you talking about? The Eglinton line was funded under Miller. Rob Ford's 2010 campaign eliminated it. Fortunately he had lied, as he didn't try and stop it when he got to office, and discovered he was powerless."
I said:
"Ford's transit plans were just wacko. Nothing on Eglinton. "​

You responded by saying:
Eglinton (SMLRT) was never getting funded under Miller.
I have no idea why you inserted SMLRT in there as well as Eglinton, but I ignored that, and said:
What are you talking about? The Eglinton line was funded under Miller.​
not mentioning SMLRT again.

But ignore your misunderstanding.

Back to:

Ford rebutted on what Miller negeclted and focused on Connectivity in a more intelligent manner
How does eliminating the Eglinton line, anything in Etobicoke, anything on Sheppard east of McCowan, and anything on Don Mills or downtown, focus on Connectivity in a more intelligent manner?

Back