8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I said:
"Ford's transit plans were just wacko. Nothing on Eglinton. "​

You responded by saying:
Eglinton (SMLRT) was never getting funded under Miller.
I have no idea why you inserted SMLRT in there as well as Eglinton, but I ignored that, and said:
What are you talking about? The Eglinton line was funded under Miller.​
not mentioning SMLRT again.

All good. Go enjoy the rest of the day, its not worth it.

All good. Go enjoy the rest of the day, its not worth it.

So no answer to the simple, polite, question of:

How does eliminating the Eglinton line, anything in Etobicoke, anything on Sheppard east of McCowan, and anything on Don Mills or downtown, focus on Connectivity in a more intelligent manner?

So no answer to the simple, polite, question of:

How does eliminating the Eglinton line, anything in Etobicoke, anything on Sheppard east of McCowan, and anything on Don Mills or downtown, focus on Connectivity in a more intelligent manner?

Odd question for me directly. I never said Ford plan was the best to date. I even said Millers was half good the other half (integration) was not intelligent and a catalyst that helped open up the door for Ford's subway plan. That and the SMLRT which fits in heavily to this discussion because it left so many people out who may have tilted support the entire Transit City Plan against the poorly integrated transfer laden design. That was McGuintys doing. Poorly integrated design and poor funding was a recipe for frustrated voters. If we cant build with detail, or multiple technologies, might as well just build subways.

And although im not big on the "one stop" subway caused by addition of the of glorified GO RER that is Smarttrack I do like Tory's plan far better than both others. Ford was combating the blanket LRT with blanket subways as a Political statement to many people in Scarborough were pissed at the transfers. I would vote for Fords plan over Millers for the future of Scarborough to build upon but as I said im a much bigger supporter of Tory's hybrid and the priority to both the City Centre and many Priority Neighbourhoods right now. Its a far better starting point

SCC gets seamlessly connected, we'll have a full East West Toronto Wide LRT, and Sheppard will be reviewed. Hope that helps clear things up about what you may have misinterpreted.

Last edited:
Odd question for me directly. I never said Ford plan was the best to date.
You said that "Ford rebutted on what Miller negeclted " which makes no sense, given that complete lack of any new lines in Ford's plans.

Ford was combating the blanket LRT with blanket subways
How does replacing 8 transit lines, with simply extending 2 subway lines "blanket subways". Most areas of the city that were to receive rapid transit, got nothing.

I personally like Fords plan better than Millers for the future of Scarborough ...
And perhaps for parts of Scarborough, it was an improvement (if you live west of McCowan, and don't go to UTS or Centennial). But what about the rest of the city? Etobicoke? Rexdale? Don Mills? York? East York?

You call yourself "OneCity". But really, it's "SouthWestScarborough" isn't it?

Again, you are new here.

You weren't on this forum in 2010. Or even 2014.

And yet this person knows how to have a civil discussion better than you do.

It's also common knowledge to anyone who reads this thread on a regular bases, that OneCity is not actually a new member. So if anything maybe it's you who's new here, since you don't know this.

And yet this person knows how to have a civil discussion better than you do.
No need to be rude.

It's also common knowledge to anyone who reads this thread on a regular bases, that OneCity is not actually a new member.
Who are they then? That's would be violating forum rules wouldn't it? I'll assume good faith that they aren't breaking rules.

So if anything maybe it's you who's new here, since you don't know this.
Perhaps you are new here, if you think I'm new here.

When's the report for the alignment getting announced? It was postponed from January, so will it be this month or next (or never)?

For the Sheppard Subway? Nothing is happening - the project is a fantasy.

Actually, I think there was a motion that was passed to revisit Sheppard last time council met over the Transit file.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/council-transit-debate-projects-1.3676433

More subways?
And the debate Wednesday triggered calls for other subway stops, too.

Council also voted to have staff explore three extensions on other subways lines; that could see a stop at Sherway Gardens, west of Kipling, as well as connecting the Sheppard Line to the proposed new stop for Scarborough Centre.

While there were no timelines attached to the proposals, Tory told reporters that it makes sense to look at those options in what he called "phase two" of transit development — projects that might be built after 2031.

Actually, I think there was a motion that was passed to revisit Sheppard last time council met over the Transit file.
For post-2031 projects.

Though in the same meeting they also voted as part of the plan to be completed by 2031 to "request the Province of Ontario to confirm the timing for delivering the approved Sheppard East LRT extension".

I expect that this was to mollify Jim Karygiannis, and the report will push it off considerably.

But yes, that report is due Q1 2017 - I wonder if we'll see it, or if staff have forgotten about it too!

For the Sheppard Subway? Nothing is happening - the project is a fantasy.

I think you are referring to the Danforth Subway extension - http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/thread...-extension-city-of-toronto-design-phase.2975/

Oh lol wrong thread :p

OneCity and nfitz can you both agree to disagree and move this conversation back to SSE? Thanks

muller877 referred to Sheppard Subway Extension as SSE and I thought I was on the Scarborough RT Replacement (Scarborough Subway Extension) thread :oops:. Is there an abbreviation for the Sheppard Subway Extension (that's not already used)? SESE?

For post-2031 projects.

Though in the same meeting they also voted as part of the plan to be completed by 2031 to "request the Province of Ontario to confirm the timing for delivering the approved Sheppard East LRT extension".

I expect that this was to mollify Jim Karygiannis, and the report will push it off considerably.

But yes, that report is due Q1 2017 - I wonder if we'll see it, or if staff have forgotten about it too!

It's unlikely Tory will be mayor all the way to 2031 and the province seems to have their own agenda on Sheppard

muller877 referred to Sheppard Subway Extension as SSE and I thought I was on the Scarborough RT Replacement (Scarborough Subway Extension) thread :oops:. Is there an abbreviation for the Sheppard Subway Extension (that's not already used)? SESE?
Doesn't need an abbreviation - just line 4 extension.

Back