News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

new traffic lights at 17th and 5th

21F39E3B-6A70-4674-9DAE-DFEA7F65D055.jpeg

Co-op currently operates 21 grocery stores in Calgary. The company noted the loss of the two locations will in turn mean re-allocating resources to the redevelopment of the Oak Ridge and North Hill stores and a new Co-op is also planned to be built in Marda Loop.

New DP for a vacant lot in the beltline. Can't seem to find anything on these guys.

Nothing comes up anywhere for Peng Architecture except a link to Albertacorporations.com Maybe an out of town architecture firm is doing the work, and hired this guy to be the local architect submitting plans etc..

Co-op currently operates 21 grocery stores in Calgary. The company noted the loss of the two locations will in turn mean re-allocating resources to the redevelopment of the Oak Ridge and North Hill stores and a new Co-op is also planned to be built in Marda Loop.
Let’s close the grocery store but hey, you want liquor or cannabis, no problem, we will keep those departments open! 🤪

Sort of related to urban development. Data from CMHC's latest report.

If thew price for Calgary seems a bit low, it's because it's the average prices for metro areas. Downtown or inner city areas might be higher.

View attachment 452747

It's interesting to me that average rent price in Vancouver is only 37% more than Calgary in this chart, but the average purchase price is 2.3X higher. I would have thought Vancouver rents were at least double Calgary.

It's interesting to me that average rent price in Vancouver is only 37% more than Calgary in this chart, but the average purchase price is 2.3X higher. I would have thought Vancouver rents were at least double Calgary.
I suspect it's something to do with the number being metro related. There are basically zero 2 bedroom apartments in Vancouver or Burnaby for 2K/month. Vancouver especially, a 2 bedroom place will run you closer to 3.5K a month, and if it's a nice new highrise, an 800 sq ft 2 bedroom place can be as high as 4.5k.
Of course with Calgary, 2 bedroom places in the core can easily run you more than 1.4K, but they tend not to be too much higher. Overall, the numbers for Vancouver actually make it look cheaper than it really is.

Back