News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Club Monaco Replacement

Apple would indeed work well.

Ironically, so would the now-defunct Caban.

The building would make a phenomenal Abercrombie - like their store on 5th Avenue in New York or Savile Row in London. I'm thinking a flagship store filled with Mark Beard original murals - hopefully without the obnoxious cologne smell.
Unfortunately, I don't think this will happen as they seem to be in big financial trouble.

if Abercrombie moved into that building, I think I would kill myself. Almost as bad as when Winners moved to Bloor. Despicable.

if Abercrombie moved into that building, I think I would kill myself. Almost as bad as when Winners moved to Bloor. Despicable.

Why would that be? I can't see how this is even remotely related to Winners' presence on Bloor. If Abercrombie has a flagship on 5th Avenue in Manhattan (near Tiffany, Trump Tower, Armani, Bergdorf Goodman and many others no less), they'd certainly have a place at Avenue Rd / Bloor.

I agree, and like the brothers Brooks or other recent American imports their presence in Canada is not yet ubiquitous and they remain destination stores for many in Canada travelling to Toronto.

Wow, end of an era when Club Monaco goes. I worked there for almost three years when it opened in April of 1996. They put a *lot* of money into that store, and it was indeed a destination for a short while. I could write a book on what I saw go on there. Needless to say, fun times.

Surprising that Club Monaco is vacating the space. Does anyone know if they will be opening up somewhere else on Bloor?

I don't think Abercrombie taking the sapce would be a disaster. They are decent brand with a solid following among the younger folks.

Surprising that Club Monaco is vacating the space. Does anyone know if they will be opening up somewhere else on Bloor?

I don't think Abercrombie taking the sapce would be a disaster. They are decent brand with a solid following among the younger folks.

Would they be moving across the street? Or maybe, to the old Hugo Boss spot?

What's more startling to me is that they've already been there for 13 years...

What other 'couture' type brands are missing from Bloor, Dior perhaps? Donna Karan? Not here necessarily but I'd like to see a Kate/Jack Spade location.

What's more startling to me is that they've already been there for 13 years...

13 years?? Wow! I can't believe they were there that long! It seems like yesterday when they opened and I was shopping at that location.

As for a potential new location for them, maybe they will downsize and take the space now occupied by Puma once they leave.

Does anyone know if Max Mara is moving or leaving? Saw a sign above them saying that two storeys will be available in March 2010.

Does anyone know if Max Mara is moving or leaving? Saw a sign above them saying that two storeys will be available in March 2010.

I haven't heard anything on MaxMara; however there are several locations on the south side of Bloor (Puma, Mendocino and Nine West) that are for sublease....perhaps MaxMara is in the same boat.

I haven't heard anything on MaxMara; however there are several locations on the south side of Bloor (Puma, Mendocino and Nine West) that are for sublease....perhaps MaxMara is in the same boat.

are all of these leaving Yorkville or just moving ?

Looks like Bloor had a delayed reaction to the recession, we're starting to see the impact now.

Yeah, and I am one of many (!!!) of the younger folks who cannot stand the arrogance of their branding, stores, not to mention its offensive marketing measures.

Not to mention their clothing is also not tasteful in any way and it's all about their big annoying name slapped on as a logo.

There are many young people who choose not to wear their stuff because of the messages it sends out. Please, please, not one at this location. Anything but that store.

I think a ZARA or something (cheaper than A&F yet 10x classier and they use reasonable labour practises) here would be brilliant, and very true to the types of stores ZARA has in other countries:

zara.jpg

zarany.jpg

Last edited:

Back