News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.3K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

Is there a secret to creating threads that show up in more than one forum section? e.g., I see the "Vancouver | Vancouver Transit | ?m" thread in the global Transportation and Infrastructure section, the Canada Transportation and Infrastructure section, the Vancouver Transportation and Infrastructure, etc. Is that something an admin has to make happen?

Is there a secret to creating threads that show up in more than one forum section?

There is a secret! We call those dynamic threads, and to become dynamic the thread has to be associated with a project in our Database. This is much simpler with buildings, and we're still working out the best way for this to happen in transportation and infrastructure projects. Did you have some specific threads that you wanted to see make the jump?

I'd love to see a transit database where with a simple click you could find all kinds of relevant information on transit lines around the world.

A few minor things:

When sharing a news article on Google+, it seems to be unable to locate any feature images to accompany the post (works fine for Facebook, might be that Google+ uses different meta keys).

When filtering the database, it would be nice if it automatically put the cursor in the filter text box, and would also be nice if hitting enter submitted the filter (works fine for search, just not filter).

When using @ to mention another user in a forum post, it provides an autocomplete list of users which I can use the arrow keys to select, but I can only complete the selection with a mouse click; would be nice to be able to hit Tab to complete the selected entry, which is a pretty standard shortcut.

This might be more of a browser issue than anything, but when opening a thread to a specific post (such as latest unread, or a direct link to a specific post), and the page contains images that need loading, you land somewhere else on the page and not on the specific post. The more images on the page, the further you land from the intended post.

ETA: Occurs in Chrome, Firefox, and IE 11 on Windows.

Last edited:
Another bug affecting Chrome: middle-button-clicking links (on mice that have one) in the News area does not open them in new tabs, but rather in the current one. Works fine in IE and Firefox. Also works fine in Forum area, even in Chrome, EXCEPT for the links in the top bar (News, Database, Map, etc.)

Something to pass on that I have noticed just today. When loading images in portrait format, they are showing up in landscape mode (sideways) I thought it might be something to do with the way I loaded the pics onto my PC, so I copied an image while upright in portrait mode, pasted as a new image and saved it under a different name, but still the same problem.

Left one of the photos there as an example. (Royalview East thread)

Ignore my previous post, I figured it out. It's something weird with windows on may pc. It's good now.

Back