News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Will the Liberals win every seat in Toronto again?

• Yes

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 51.3%

• Total voters
Likewise, I'm not impressed with Kevin Vuong. Like Adam Vaughan, Vuong shares a penchant for self promotion, but unlike his predecessor, he doesn't seem particularly skilled in the minutiae of policy or government.

Regardless of the Globe piece, I still think Spadina Fort York is heavily favoured for the Liberals.

More issues for Vuong, according to the Star:

You would think the NDP and the Liberals would vet their candidates better, especially in Toronto.

I have two on my street. Cringeworthy indeed.
I think after Thursday's bizarre 1930's-like shriek-fest downtown Bernier may have shot himself in the foot. Heard it on the radio and actually thought it was a joke, so very like the wind-bags of the 1930's - quote "we are going to win because we have science on our side". I kid you not.

More issues for Vuong, according to the Star:

You would think the NDP and the Liberals would vet their candidates better, especially in Toronto.
When I read the story https://outline.com/ZGrjck my first thought was dating nowadays must be fraught with risks.

“On April 8, 2019, she said, Vuong came over to her home and the two watched a movie, went to bed and fell asleep. Not long after, she said she was woken up by Vuong touching her. “At first he’s touching my breasts and then he’s trying to slobber all over my neck, and then his hands go lower,” she said. She said she was confused for a few seconds and then told Vuong she had to go to the bathroom, where she said she locked the door and contacted a friend. The friend came to the apartment, told Vuong to leave and he left without confrontation”

I know I’m not Woke or after 30 years with the same partner, attuned to Me’Too so I first checked with my wife and young adult daughters that my thinking wasn’t offensive or out of touch. Here goes, it sounds to me that they had a date at her home, went to bed together and he tried to initiate a sexual encounter which she rejected and then he left. The possible crime here is that she was asleep when he started, but OTOH such an awakening and initiation when welcome may be positive for all - is there any better wakeup call? This topic is common and fraught enough to warrant such recommendations as these.... https://www.bustle.com/p/can-you-wake-someone-up-with-sex-heres-how-to-do-it-respectfully-9204097

Last edited:
I was working in the Ottawa area this week. I was surprised by the PPC lawn signs i saw out in the burbs.

PPC won’t get any seats. They’re just taking votes away from CPC. probably the best thing to happen this election.

Haha, that's true. As long as they serve the purpose of undermining the CPC, then I'm happy to have them around.

If you told me in July that the NDP's best chance at a Toronto seat in Parliament would be Spadina-Fort York, I would have laughed at you.

I'm told that Adam Vaughan strategically announced his retirement right after the NDP nominated their candidate, so that they couldn't nominate a "star" candidate or someone with a higher profile name like Joe Cressy or Mike Layton. The Liberals clearly didn't vet Vuong very thoroughly because he has been caught up in TWO recent investigations.

I seem to be in the minority who actually likes Adam Vaughan. He's prickly, but I always thought he was the best councillor during the Ford era and was a handful of leftish-Liberals in the Trudeau caucus who advocated for housing and social programs.

Last edited:
I seem to be in the minority who actually likes Adam Vaughan. He's prickly, but I always thought he was the best councillor during the Ford era and was a handful of leftish-Liberals in the Trudeau caucus who advocated for housing and social programs.
I lived in Vaughan’s ward and then constituency for years. I quite liked him as a councillor and was on a few committees he set up for various issues / projects. I was disappointed in him as an MP.

Davenport has been super close all night and went back and forth several times. Liberals have the lead again (42% vs 41%), being up around 340 votes on the NDP after the latest count from 172/182 ballots.

Last edited:
So, does Vuong get pressured to immediately resign his seat, or do you think he sticks with it and sits as an Independent?

I'm pretty sure if he resigns on Day 2, he gets $92,500, or half his annual salary, in lieu of a pension for not being in office for 6 years.

Democracy!

Back