News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
His eight-year-old daughter told a reporter, "Ef John Tory!" It's noteworthy and, you know, suggestive of the fact maybe she doesn't have the best parents (in case that wasn't obvious).

That said, I have no desire to pick on the kids who, quite seriously, no doubt find themselves dealing with stuff kids shouldn't have to deal with. I didn't want to pick on her unnecessarily. Doug is cute, FWIW. I quite sincerely wish those kids the best and hope they get to spend the rest of their lives out of the spotlight etc.

I agree it's worth reporting what Stephanie said, I'm just chaffing a bit at speculation that she may be slow or have a condition. That wasn't clear in my post, so, sorry about that. My only point was that if we're going to speculate about stuff, we should stick with the adults. At least that's my opinion. But this the internet, others are free to disagree — and probably will! :D

Otherwise, I thought your comments were perfectly fair.

Could be a tricky situation for JT, how to handle the former MINO.

Unless my ears deceived me, I believe I heard that Toronto has not had a former mayor on council in over 100 years. And of course, that was long before amalgamation. Add in Rob's still enormous popularity with a lot of people and the sympathy factor of a serious illness.

John Sewell was Councillor while the man who defeated him, Art Eggleton, was mayor.....

And before Sewell--don't forget Lampy!

Then there's the matter of all the pre-amalgamation Mayors (of whom F. Nunziata's the last remaining) who opted for Council post-megaamalgamation...

Stephanie just looked dead tired in the clip. She was probably punchy, and repeating whatever she'd heard at home/all night.

Considering how often she hears the word "fuck" in her home (probably dozens of times a day), I'm impressed that she didn't say it and said "Eff" instead. Surely Renata is a lock for mother of the year! ;)

Typical Doug

He called in to the CBC noon show on Tuesday. Said he's all for the people, blah blah blah. Said he really can't be labelled but you could call him a social liberal. Said he and Olivia agree when it comes to important issues that affect the people (hearing the people come out of that man's mouth drives me mental). This was before he said he would consider the PC leadership. I think he might want to check his bleeding heart liberal platform at the door if he makes it to the convention :)

From Wikipedia:

Social liberalism is a political ideology with the belief that the right to freedom from coercion should include a societal foundation. Social liberalism seeks to balance individual liberty and social justice. Like classical liberalism, it endorses a market economy and the expansion of civil and political rights and liberties, but differs in that it believes the legitimate role of the government includes addressing economic and social issues such as poverty, health care and education.[1][2][3] Under social liberalism, the good of the community is viewed as harmonious with the freedom of the individual.[4] Social liberal policies have been widely adopted in much of the capitalist world, particularly following World War II.[5] Social liberal ideas and parties tend to be considered centrist or centre-left.[6][7][8][9][10] The term social liberalism is used to differentiate it from classical liberalism, which dominated political and economic thought for several centuries until social liberalism branched off from it around the Great Depression.[11][12]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_liberalism

Seriously--RoFo's death *could* trigger the kind ol riots-in-the-streets we didn't see w/DoFo's defeat...

By *could*, do you mean that we can't absolutely prove that that sort of improbable riot won't happen?

Okay, I don't live in Toronto, and perhaps I'm optimistic in a seriously low-bar sort of way.

But don't you think Rob's shuffling off of his mortal coil would be unlikely to result in riots, and much more likely to result in FN moping around inertly, lamenting the loss of Rob and waiting for the next man-child-bully-progress-ruining-inexplicable-vote-getter to appear? (My fear is that the Next One is nobody we've ever heard of, unrelated to the Fords, about to be pushed on to the stage by some Kouvalis-wannabe, and that the Next One is just a wee bit more self-disciplined than Rob.)

If Rob checks out well in advance of his three score and ten, I think there would be lots of quasi-incendiary and horribly offensive crap posted on Facebook and other web sites, but close-to-zero physical harm to persons or things.

No doubt the IHTWOMRF folks will blame the "Ford haters" for his demise.

Probably, but how they go off on Tory and Wynne you just know they will put them in there somewhere.

Considering how often she hears the word "fuck" in her home (probably dozens of times a day), I'm impressed that she didn't say it and said "Eff" instead. Surely Renata is a lock for mother of the year! ;)

Not I, it was always explained to me as a child that if I must use language then there was acceptable language for me to use.

By *could*, do you mean that we can't absolutely prove that that sort of improbable riot won't happen?

Okay, I don't live in Toronto, and perhaps I'm optimistic in a seriously low-bar sort of way.

But don't you think Rob's shuffling off of his mortal coil would be unlikely to result in riots, and much more likely to result in FN moping around inertly, lamenting the loss of Rob and waiting for the next man-child-bully-progress-ruining-inexplicable-vote-getter to appear? (My fear is that the Next One is nobody we've ever heard of, unrelated to the Fords, about to be pushed on to the stage by some Kouvalis-wannabe, and that the Next One is just a wee bit more self-disciplined than Rob.)

If Rob checks out well in advance of his three score and ten, I think there would be lots of quasi-incendiary and horribly offensive crap posted on Facebook and other web sites, but close-to-zero physical harm to persons or things.

I expect no less than a state funeral of sorts when Robbie kicks it... I think burning Robbie on a pyre in NFSq. would be poetic.

Since it is this time of the year I will call this "black-catty" of SAL:

Cronyism begins with Tory's transition team
"Oh my. When I saw the assorted "yes men and women," er ... cronies, er ... advisers, on the John Tory transition team, I thought I'd been put in a time machine and sent back to the Mel Lastman era, circa 2001..."
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/29/cronyism-begins-with-torys-transition-team

Who cares! What's done is done! He's not perfect! Let's move on! Next question!

He should have been resting after chemo treatments, eating healthy foods and avoiding crowds. Of course Rob did the exact opposite, so now he's been admitted to hospital again. The swelling could be from a lot of things, but his liver and kidneys are working overtime with the chemo and he's certainly not been treating them very well for the last 20 years.

Since it is this time of the year I will call this "black-catty" of SAL:

Cronyism begins with Tory's transition team
"Oh my. When I saw the assorted "yes men and women," er ... cronies, er ... advisers, on the John Tory transition team, I thought I'd been put in a time machine and sent back to the Mel Lastman era, circa 2001..."
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/29/cronyism-begins-with-torys-transition-team

Man. you think she is this grumpy at home too? Or is this just her persona?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back