News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I wonder if the condo is going to be built on the east side of Joe Shuster way where the sales centre is. Otherwise putting Fuzion in front of Bridge condos seems a little too close...

I was at the sales center recently and Fuzion is going east of Bridge but west of Joe Shuster in that small triangular plot of land. Both buildings are going to be very close to each other. I believe the builder gave the option to cancel all those who bought the east facing units since they didn't know there is going to be another phase so close to them. The plot of land that you are talking about is east of Joe Shuster and it is zoned residential, as well as commercial. From what I hear there is going to a commercial block going there (most likely a grocery store) and perhaps another phase by urbancorp?

Ok, thanks. I never got the details as to where it was located. I'll have to find out whether at $400 sq ft whether it's worth it to buy there. Does anyone know if the building has any amenities?

Last edited:
Fuzion King West has very basic amenities (ie: Party Room + Fitness Centre) in attempt to keep maintenance fees lower~

MODs ... a thought: :)

Fuzion King West Condominium (Urbancorp, 15s, Kirkor)

Scaled Model

Went to the sales office this weekend and confirmed Fuzion will in fact be built on the triangular silver of land east of Bridge+Connect but west of Joe Shuster Way (as noted by SonOfaGun101:)) ... very suprised by this because I'm pretty sure Urbancorp was telling people that this site was going to be become a urban square of some sort when they were selling Bridge+Connect ...

if what SonOfaGun101 was told is true, it is at least reassuring that Urbancorp would be willing to let Bridge+Connect purchasers with east facing suites back out of their deal as a result of Fuzion condo's announcement ~

However I'm not impressed by Fuzion design in any way whatsoever ~

Northeast / Southeast / Southwest / Northwest Elevations
Click to Enlarge

I agreed with you Ray. As we know we have scarcity of land and this has been driving the value in the downtown Toronto.

Does anyone know what is being built on the site that the Connect/Fuzion sales centre is currently on?

Also, what's the word on the actual bridge that is supposed to be built "connecting" King St. and Queen St.?

Lastly, I heard some rumblings that the cities fleet storage/transportation services building was going to be turned into a supermarket or shopping plaza of some sort... Is this true?

Does anyone know what is being built on the site that the Connect/Fuzion sales centre is currently on?

who knows ... Urbancorp doesn't seem to stick with their plans anyways ... the site for the current Fuzion King West project was originally shown as a public square of some sort back when they were marketing The Bridge + Connect ~

A reminder of the scaled model shown back then~

Click to Enlarge

Hi, I'm a resident in this community and I have no reason to lie. So, I'll confirm that this area is still "ghetto" like. It's very close to the corner of Dufferin & King where there are numerous street/homeless people around throughout the day. Halfway houses also exist just west of the McDonald's. There is usually a homeless guy that sleeps inside of the CIBC or Bank of Montreal bank machine areas - you can smell his stench and his second hand smoke as he does this inside.

Inside of the 24 hour Coffee Time and McDonald's you will find some very sketchy people there especially after dark. Before purchasing, drive by after 12am one night and you'll get a sense as to what I mean.

Now onto the even more important stuff:

Also:
- Reserach the builder URBANCORP as they aren't known for top quality (in my opinion of course).
- ***VERY IMPORTANT - Check the agreement for "hidden costs" and 100% run this by a lawyer to spot these things.
- Extra costs from this builder historically have been that you may have to pay $6,000+ for the heating & Air Conditioning unit (or rent it at $70-$100/mth). Yes, this means that you do not get a furnace/AC unit with the unit and you may not find out until it's too late - after you move in!!!

- 530sf for a 2 bedroom is way too small for a rental if you are trying to get $1,400 mth. Put yourself in the shoes of a potential renter, as that space is arguable too small even as a 1 bedroom unit. I have a 2 bedroom rental with 700 sf and I'd say that half of the people who come to see that say that it's too small for them even after explaining to them on the phone first that it's a small place.

- Do yourself a favour and visit a 2 bedroom unit that is currently for sale or rent through a real estate agent to fully understand how tiny 530 sf really is.

- Parking at $29,000? Ridiculous.

- Look at other investment properties from other builders.

- Here are links to a forum from current owners in that area with some issues:
http://laidlawhood.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=195
http://laidlawhood.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=340
http://laidlawhood.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=212
http://laidlawhood.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=336
http://laidlawhood.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=102
http://laidlawhood.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=139

http://laidlawhood.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=5

Where are people hearing that a Sobey's and Canadian Tire may be built?

Last edited:
Every time I see that there are new posts in this thread I click to find nothing but investors and purchasers talking about pricing. There's an entire forum devoted to real estate. Please post there.

Yes, the area's a bit sketchy but in time it will improve. King West Village 10 years ago used to be Parkdale and industrial. Now, King West is trendy and properties have more than doubled. West Queen west was sketchy as well a few years ago. If you had bought into the units being sold then, you would have made about a 1/3 more. Sometimes you just have to see the potential of an area. Otherwise, if you want to pay top dollar for being central, be my guest :)
By the way, King west STILL has to deal with the smell of the abattoir and yet, the prices have not declined. I figure if you're near good transit, it's a good thing. Try catching the bus at Liberty village sometime.. not so great.

Last edited:
A bit of urban grit adds character and excitement to a neighbourhood, I fear the possibility of the city becoming entirely a yuppie playground, all neat and manicured like the suburbs. Now I'm not saying I'd like to see more George and Sherbourne type corners, but calling King and Dufferin ghetto is so far off the mark. Though I'm also one who believes that nowhere in Toronto could actually be considered an honest-to-goodness ghetto.

A bit of urban grit adds character and excitement to a neighbourhood, I fear the possibility of the city becoming entirely a yuppie playground, all neat and manicured like the suburbs. Now I'm not saying I'd like to see more George and Sherbourne type corners, but calling King and Dufferin ghetto is so far off the mark. Though I'm also one who believes that nowhere in Toronto could actually be considered an honest-to-goodness ghetto.

Totally agree with you egotrippin. I hate people calling it the ghetto because there are some homeless people around the area. There are homeless people all over the city, ive seen them in yorkville and downtown core area, would you call that the ghetto too? Homeless people are everywhere, so get use to it! People calling King and Dufferin the ghetto makes me laugh! Go visit south side projects in Chicago and you will see the ghetto! Just make sure you are wearing the right gang colours.

This is interesting to know about the heating/Cooling unit .... so if that is not part of the cost of the unit then how do you get it?
Are other Toronto Condo builders are doing the samething? like Liberty ......
Is it like renting the unit through some company and pay like a monthly fee??? what is the usual fee .....
As for the Quality by Urban Corp...... Anybody having a personal experience with Urban Corp. specially with Condos .. i did read some reviews ont he other forum .... but some more feedback will be appreciated ....

What I also notice in their price list is that the maitenance fee of 0.49 doesn't state about the inclusion of Heating cost, so that woud be a question to explore aswell.....

This is interesting to know about the heating/Cooling unit .... so if that is not part of the cost of the unit then how do you get it?
Are other Toronto Condo builders are doing the samething? like Liberty ......
Is it like renting the unit through some company and pay like a monthly fee??? what is the usual fee .....
As for the Quality by Urban Corp...... Anybody having a personal experience with Urban Corp. specially with Condos .. i did read some reviews ont he other forum .... but some more feedback will be appreciated ....

What I also notice in their price list is that the maitenance fee of 0.49 doesn't state about the inclusion of Heating cost, so that woud be a question to explore aswell.....

There was a thread started a while ago regarding condo builders renting or leasing the mechanical systems (heating & cooling) rather then spending millions buying it. I think most builders are doing this nowadays, not just urbancorp. I think the .49 maintenace fee includes the rental of the mechanical system, but this is something you should ask the builder to make sure.

Back