News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently RoFo sent out a press release taking credit for the airport tunnel. No time to post links but I saw it on Twitter.

David Rider ‏@dmrider 1h1 hour ago
"Had it not been for the agreement reached in July 2011 between my administration and the Toronto Port Authority ...
"...we may have had to wait another 40 years. An agreement that the current Mayor could not participate in, because of his conflicts...
, and that the Miller administration was strongly opposed to."

I knew he couldn't be quiet for long.

Mayor Tory will be at island airport pedestrian tunnel opening this morning. Rob Ford says he also plans on being there

Last edited:
I saw that he said he had to be restrained while working at City Hall. He looks more like an idiot now that he is flipping out. I guess he doesn't realize the internet is forever.

His tweets carry a strong odour of terminated, drinking alone until the severance runs out, meanwhile recycling internet hoaxes (Planned Parenthood sells baby parts), hackneyed right-wing talking points (Trudeau is not ready) and really clever comebacks (Oh yeah? Well fuck you too!).

Pud, at first I thought otherwise but with the way he's carrying on in praise and defence of Ford, he sounds like a jilted lover trying to win back his partner.

Ya, there's definitely a double standard when it comes to race and racism. Blacks are particularly blatant about it these days, especially on social media.

And what are you JimmiT? You vehemently deny white privilege exists, you excoriate Andray Domise for complaining about racism, and now you question whether Desmond Cole was lying about being carded because you asked one black guy and he said something different.

And you say all these things on this forum without any doubt about how they'll be received. What double standard? You feel pretty free to express racist sentiments here and no one seems to call you out. So again, what double standard? What are black people supposedly getting away with that you aren't?

I do not doubt him one bit. Respectability is not armour against racism.

I don't doubt him either, and sorry Jimmi but this sounds too much like the knee jerk response when women speak out as victims of sexual assault. How many victims have to corroborate an allegation not only that the accused did what they are accused of but that the accused has a long history with other victims. Jian Ghomeshi, or Bill Cosby for instance. Why always assume that the victims are always lying, as a first response?

Carding used to be called profiling remember? Anyone fitting the "young,black, male' description could be stopped for no other reason than that they 'fit the profile'. Other people could be stopped and questioned, but not surprisingly young black men were the overwhelming majority of the stops. And cops used to have quotas to fill - so many stops per shift, So if for no other reason (not to say that there isn't racism on the force) people from vulnerable populations were the ones being stopped because they were vulnerable - less access to lawyers or legal advice, and if they complained they wouldn't be believed And most white folk were either unaware of the practice, or thought that blacks were dangerous and a threat to white people. So now Cole speaks up and look who's feeling threatened.

But the big fat white guy with the Chain of Office who admits stuff you didn't want your kids to hear, well doesn't he just laugh it off and threatens the Police Chief instead.

Last edited:
His tweets carry a strong odour of terminated, drinking alone until the severance runs out, meanwhile recycling internet hoaxes (Planned Parenthood sells baby parts), hackneyed right-wing talking points (Trudeau is not ready) and really clever comebacks (Oh yeah? Well fuck you too!).

I wonder what he does during those periods where he deletes his Twitter account. Has anyone ever seen him around town in his spare town? What might he be like to live with?

Do we know that he was invited, or is he just showing up?

Robbie was one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse who took part in the groundbreaking photo op for the tunnel (white men in suits grinning uncomfortably while wielding shovels. Because, you know, they built the BB tunnel with hand shovels.) He probably thought that's all it took.

Is he still wearing the red tracksuit?

Do we know that he was invited, or is he just showing up?
There was a public financing component and the City appoints councillors to PT. Therefore any councillor should be able to show up as a matter of course. It's about as valid as him showing up to all those playground openings but he is a councillor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back